FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: $100 Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i know a guy who says he blew the engine on his SPI and the car is just sitting on his driveway. he will give me the car for $100, how hard is it to swap from the SPI to a zetec?
Change the mounts, the ecu and I'm not sure about the transmission.....
100..damn, drop in a new spi and call it a day...spi ain't THAT bad..
hardk0re,Oct 4 2007, 05:23 AM Wrote:100..damn, drop in a new spi and call it a day...spi ain't THAT bad..
[right][snapback]250175[/snapback][/right]

Makes a good winter beater. :D
you can get a good spi for around 500 to 600 i think. that would be the best eway to go.

I'm thinking more 2.5L V6 swap... That would be a nice little car...
I know the V6 swap has been done before, but i think thats prolly a lil more involved that dropping in a Zetec.
habmann,Oct 4 2007, 12:53 PM Wrote:I know the V6 swap has been done before, but i think thats prolly a lil more involved that dropping in a Zetec.
[right][snapback]250191[/snapback][/right]

waaay more.....might as well consider V8 in there :P
hardk0re,Oct 4 2007, 04:23 AM Wrote:100..damn, drop in a new spi and call it a day...spi ain't THAT bad..
[right][snapback]250175[/snapback][/right]

they aren't to bad, just when i was looking at prices for the engine it was like $330 for a zetec and about $700 or $800 for the spi.

and im tryin to do this on a limited budget if i can..just want a cheap car to get to and from work