FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Good Gta Focus Mechanic Needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Right now I get all my oil changes and incidental repairs done at Midas. I am just curious if anyone knows of a reliable mechanic in the GTA that is good with foci as well.
grandskam,Oct 3 2007, 03:34 PM Wrote:Right now I get all my oil changes and incidental repairs done at Midas.  I am just curious if anyone knows of a reliable mechanic in the GTA that is good with foci as well.
[right][snapback]250133[/snapback][/right]
GTA is a big area.........
P R Performance knows Foci pretty well at one point there was 3 Foci there at the saem time it near dufferin and dupont area check the website http://www.prperformance.ca they also do general maintance
Can anyone recommend good mechanics who knows what they do in GTA area. West (Oakvillish) preferred. I have been on 2 Ford dealerships and a few smaller guys and it was clear that they do not know what is SVT and how to even approach it.

My clutch is dying (was quoted 8 hours of labor)
Timing belt would be great to replace (100K – quoted 4.5 hrs)
Is that reasonable? I'm not sure...

I may have e week left on mu clutch - help pls......
That’s it – now I have only 4 gears left working without slipping :(
Seems like Clutch going to fail sooner than I expected 

Anyone had experience in changing SVT 02 clutch.
Do I need to change Clutch, Pressure Plate, Slave Cylinder and Flywheel altogether?
svtf are knowen for their sh*tty clutches....are u going to modify your focus at all?

cuz i was gonna say while ur at it get LSD in there :)
andrewned,Oct 10 2007, 09:10 AM Wrote:Can anyone recommend good mechanics who knows what they do in GTA area. West (Oakvillish) preferred. I have been on 2 Ford dealerships and a few smaller guys and it was clear that they do not know what is SVT and how to even approach it.

My clutch is dying (was quoted 8 hours of labor)
Timing belt would be great to replace (100K – quoted 4.5 hrs)
Is that reasonable? I'm not sure...

I may have e week left on mu clutch - help pls......
[right][snapback]250565[/snapback][/right]

If the SVT tranny is anything like the mtx75, it is not 8 hours. more like 4, thats coming from somebody who just performed his 1st clutch swap last year. ;) They may be including the time for the flywheel to be machined in that though. But R&R is not 8 hours.

4.5 hours for timing belt sounds about right. make sure they include a new waterpump in that quote :)

And guys....frig...help him out, I made a friggin sticky for this exact questions. :rolleyes:
Thank you for an update.

I've checked with Ford and they said that Timing belt can be changed after 200KM.
I', only 100K so will save this hassle.

Can anybody please help to understand which parts should I change when changing clutch in 02 SVTF?

I'll try to get new style Clutch + Flywheel. One mechanic said that I need to also change slave cylinder...

Now is the time for the parts and mechanic quest for me. If no good mechanics found in area I'll try myself.... Anyhow I need some parts:)
to do a clutch is not all that bad, taking the fly wheel off and having it machined is kinda iffy... make sure you get a new throw out bearing, as for your slave cylinder,,, I dunno you probably should do it while it's all apart..

Timing belt should be lumped with a water pump and it's not a fun one.. let a mechanic save you the meds

ps bleed the breaks since your losing all that fluid when you do the clutch lol
ZED_not_zee,Oct 12 2007, 09:33 PM Wrote:to do a clutch is not all that bad, taking the fly wheel off and having it machined is kinda iffy... make sure you get a new throw out bearing, as for your slave cylinder,,
I'm looking to get LuK kit that has everything:
LuK 07-175Slave Cylinder Included, 2.0L Engine
Flywheel included

Hope they have everything necessary there.

Any comparisons of LuK 07-175 with Spec SF001/2 + SF30A ?
I really like my spec setup, coldnt compare to the svt though.

If you are doing it yourself, and from the ground, make sure you give yourself as much room as possible. Get those candles as high as they can go. You'll swear less this way. :lol: :P
It look like I’d need a garage heater now ..

1) Who you guys are buying parts like Clutchmaster or LuK in GTA?

The best deals I’ve found so far are all in US:

Ultradev:
Clutchmaster Stage1: 07-168-HD00 380
Alumn Flywheel : FW-FOCUS-SVT-AL 380

Hite Parts:
Or LuK at 473 total at, but their website is down.

2) Anything else you’d recommend to change while doing clutch work?
It’s gonna take a day anyhow..
For example : Rear Main Seal ..?
Gentlemen,

Any good mechanics in West end?

Last time I've been to Dixie Ford - will advise to NEVER go there! Maybe if you have Totyta, but not Ford...

I have:
-Check Engine light (car got stuck in snow with my girlfriend driving it and she stalled it million times )
- Engine shuts off on neutral a few times a day (was happening all the time but tnow more often)
- Can not flash my ECU with any SCT flashers (have no idea why)
- Airbag light is on.
- Front brakes vibrate when braking on high speeds (more than 90km/hr)

I want to have someone who actually knows what is he doing take care of the car....
im dealing with a good priced mechanic in Markham
he gives me great prices
anyways he's asian and a nice quite guy

"Yasiya Auto Service Ltd"
Tel: (905) 209-1438
Cell: (416) 882-3901

156 Bullock Drive, Unit 33 (kinda McCowan&HW7)
he's gonna do my timing belt,water pump and maybe cam gears
anyways he told me the price and it was nice

if u call him tell him the guy with Ford Focus sent ya.......but yea he's great
andrewned,Feb 23 2008, 08:42 AM Wrote:Gentlemen,

Any good mechanics in West end?

Last time I've been to Dixie Ford - will advise to NEVER go there! Maybe if you have Totyta, but not Ford...

I have:
-Check Engine light (car got stuck in snow with my girlfriend driving it and she stalled it million times )
- Engine shuts off on neutral a few times a day (was happening all the time but tnow more often)
- Can not flash my ECU with any SCT flashers (have no idea why)
- Airbag light is on.
- Front brakes vibrate when braking on high speeds (more than 90km/hr)

I want to have someone who actually knows what is he doing take care of the car....
[right][snapback]258636[/snapback][/right]

Have you been able to pull any codes from the car at all? (I only ask because you mention SCT flashers and they are also trouble code readers as well)

NefCanuck
The only code I've got is:nP1518 and it seems to be Intake Mainfold Runner Controller.

I've got check engine light just after my girlfriend got stuck in a snow and stalled the car multiple times.
andrewned,Feb 24 2008, 06:22 PM Wrote:The only code I've got is:nP1518  and it seems to be Intake Mainfold Runner Controller.

I've got check engine light just after my girlfriend got stuck in a snow and stalled the car multiple times.
[right][snapback]258686[/snapback][/right]

I assume that any code reset just causes the Check Engine light to go out for a minute or two at start up before it re-appears?

NefCanuck
andrewned,Feb 24 2008, 06:22 PM Wrote:The only code I've got is:nP1518  and it seems to be Intake Mainfold Runner Controller.

[right][snapback]258686[/snapback][/right]

Is that the SPI engine in that car? It'll say Single Overhead Cam on the aluminum valve cover.
Like i have mentioned before PR Performance is great with Foci hes done two turbo kits dropped a few trannys on them and great trouble shooter I wouldn't let anyone else touch my 2 foci give him a call at 416 604 1600 he has also updated his site at http://www.prperfromance.com
ZX3_2NV,Feb 25 2008, 02:07 PM Wrote:Like i have mentioned before PR Performance is great with Foci hes done two turbo kits dropped a few trannys on them and great trouble shooter I wouldn't let anyone else touch my 2 foci give him a call at 416 604 1600 he has also updated his site at http://www.prperfromance.com
[right][snapback]258735[/snapback][/right]

better then your uncle's shop Focus wize?
Pages: 1 2