FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Help Antenna Part Missing, Ford Says Doesnt Exist?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All.

I was wondering if someone was so kind as to help me out with this sticky Situation. I recently replaced the Antenna BASE on my car due to a mishap wit the Old base threads breaking completely off, leaving me with no radio reception. Also my Shorty antenna was a contributing factor in this too because of the solid non-flexible design, they could have atleast made it flexible.

Now, Heres the scoop. I went to the ford dealer, and showed the Parts guy the piece I need, so he ordered it for me and I picked it up. As I am attempting to install it. the little plastic circular clip that goes/secures into the roof from the inside and is suppost to hold the mounting screw into the base and also acts as an alaignment pin fell rolled down the driveway and into the storm sewer. Either way, its gone for good.

I went back to Ford, the guy Can NOT find it in his computer system. He tells me its not there, it doesn't show it anywhere, no part number. All the system shows is the antenna, and the base with seperate part numbers. which I now have. The only other thing is the cable and I'm not ready to fork out $$$ for a cable which I already have and mine works fine thank you, and what if it does not come with that piece? they cant answer that question for me and want me to PRE-PAY for it just so they can pre-order it and find out? Umm No Thanks.

If anyone happens to know what I am talking about, or has an extra piece kicking around or has a scrap yard near by and can pick one up for me, PLEASE, I ask you to help out a friend.

Regards,

Paolo.
FOR THE 7.00 PAOLO...JUST RE-ORDER IT MAN.
ANTHONYD,Oct 1 2007, 07:33 PM Wrote:FOR THE 7.00 PAOLO...JUST RE-ORDER IT MAN.
[right][snapback]249994[/snapback][/right]

there is one problem

YOU CANT ORDER IT

try a junkyard?
Order a whole new base... it's not more than 10 bucks.

Or did you lose a piece of your car?
i want to go to junk yard this week sometime, maybe friday. can you please take a picutre of what you are talking about and let me know. i'll look it up for ya
ANTHONYD,Oct 2 2007, 08:00 AM Wrote:Order a whole new base... it's not more than 10 bucks.

Or did you lose a piece of your car?
[right][snapback]250025[/snapback][/right]

Anthony, A whole new base was ordered, it did not come with that part.
Ford can not find the part in their system or even in their inventory that I'm looking for.

The part in question is part of the car's chasis, ie there is a mounting hole in the roof, it was a plastic piece that fell out of there.

Mo, I will see if I can find a photo, but since I lost the piece, it may not happen. I too will try a junk yard if time permits this weekend.
I feel your pain Paul,

I had to order a complete tailamp assembly for my car, as Ford for some reason doesn't sell just the lense...soooo...$112 later (and the 2nd one too, as the first one Ford sent from T.O was scratched to hell!) I have a shiney new tail light.

I had to do this because when my gf and I went to the SouthKeys cinema on Bank Street in Ottawa, some punk decided to break my tail light on purpose because the car was parked by itself away from the building... :angry: