FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Speaking Of Porsches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: th_DSC_0009.jpg]
[Image: th_DSC_0007.jpg]
[Image: th_DSC_0006.jpg]
[Image: th_ralphsporsche.jpg]
[Image: th_ralphandjayme.jpg]

The first three pictures are from our last (and final) cruise night... a gorgeous mid-80s Carrera. I just noticed the overexposure (again) and I can't help but like the effect it lends to the picture.

The last two are from our Charity Car Show at the beginning of September. The yellow 993 belongs to a friend and I actually got to go shotgun for well over an hour Saturday as we toured all around North Bay. The silver one belongs to a mutual acquaintance (1988 911 Carrera 3.2).
Shotgun???? He should be letting you drive it , if he is a real friend :lol: and you can let him drive yours, and he'll know what a real car feels like B)
i like that yellow 993 a lot! is it a turbo model?
oldeguy,Oct 1 2007, 12:40 PM Wrote:Shotgun???? He should be letting you drive it , if he is a real friend :lol:  and you can let him drive yours, and he'll know what a real car feels like B)
[right][snapback]249954[/snapback][/right]

:lol:
A test flight.... err drive is in the works before he puts it away in November. :) B)

Naz - nah, it's a 3.6 Carrera RS... slightly customized but VERY well put together. When sitting in that car you would NOT know that it has 120,000 KMs on it.

I've freaked more than a few people out when he comes over and it's right there at the end of the driveway :D :lol:
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 1 2007, 08:16 PM Wrote:Naz - nah, it's a 3.2 Carrera RS... slightly customized but VERY well put together. When sitting in that car you would NOT know that it has 120,000 KMs on it.
[right][snapback]249976[/snapback][/right]

i'm not familiar with the 993 RS.. 3.8L 300hp.. rwd? sounds like a lot of fun! don't stuff it during your test drive :ph34r: j/k

what is the reliability/maintenance on that thing like? i've been told that an older p-car as a daily is a bad idea since it gets $$$ quick to keep that thing on the road.. any thoughts on whether that is true?
From what I can tell, very little is required to keep it happy. It depends on older and more importantly, the model. The 911s are generally decent for maintenance and reliability, whereas the 924/944 and 928 are not so great.

A 968 is a very interesting car... it has the looks of the 911 in the front with the simplicity of the 944 (4-cyl). 3.0L, 4 cyls, 240HP. Not a bad car, really.

I edited my last post... 3.6L H-6, not 3.2L. Trust me, I'd have a hard time finding 1/2 throttle driving his baby. :o :ph34r: