FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Picked Up The Toyota Echo Of Lcds...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://shop1.outpost.com/product/5175456

$397 for a 32" 720p/1080i LCD.. i figured can't go wrong at that price so i drove down to the local fry's store to check it out. they had it right next to a 1080p aquos and some other 720p screens.. and it actually looked ok... i mean.. there's no mistaking it for the aquos or a bravia but it was a solid picture.... and it didn't hurt that it was almost 1/2 the price of every other 32"/720p screen in the store... to my non-videophile eyes it was good enough so i picked it up

i have 30 days to get my money back.. what do you think guys?
Try it out... I'm more of a DLP fan myself. Hopefully it works for you!
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 1 2007, 09:11 AM Wrote:Try it out... I'm more of a DLP fan myself. Hopefully it works for you!
[right][snapback]249936[/snapback][/right]

I've come to prefer the direct view LCDs over DLP... and as the prices come down, DLP projection won't really be needed or practical in most homes.
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 1 2007, 01:11 PM Wrote:Try it out... I'm more of a DLP fan myself. Hopefully it works for you!
[right][snapback]249936[/snapback][/right]

DLP wasnt an option for me.. my studio apt in SF isn't very big i need the panel to conserve space.

the only 720p signal i've put into the thing has been my camcorder.. i'm trying to get my hands on a ps3 to see how the tv stacks up

in the store it wasn't the greatest but i couldn't pass it up for $400.. so hopefully it will be ok
wait a minute, since when is fry's in canada?
Spinal,Oct 1 2007, 11:06 PM Wrote:wait a minute, since when is fry's in canada?
[right][snapback]250017[/snapback][/right]

naz lives in California and owns a Suburu.

He used to own a Focus and lived in the GTA.
Hes basically a traitor.
D-Dub,Oct 2 2007, 04: Wrote:Hes basically a traitor.
[right][snapback]250052[/snapback][/right]

don't you own a dodge ? :lol: