FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: One Svt: Ont To Nwt=4700km
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I took a job in YellowKnife, NWT. I loaded up the Focus with a lot of stuff and porceeded to drive 4700km in five days. The SVT never faultered. Wow!! I have a lot respect for this car now. Only problem I had is a rock from a truck took out my front grill blinker. Already replaced. With a full load in the back of the car I managed to get between 30 to 33 mpg. I only went 14 km over the speed limit at any given time. Did'nt want any tickets.
That's a big move...

Why NWT ? Just curious..
not bad..
my 2000 zx3 from vancouver to toronto..
4355km in 2 days, i didn't go much over speed limit but did near thunder bay to st. marie, there was no car but lots curvy road i enjoyed..

by the way, back to topic, but why nwt?? i thought there is no ppl live??
gold mines! diamond mines! oil country!
must be the mines
I am a chef and took a position with a hotel here as executive chef. The people here are cross section of all races because of the diamond mines. Plus you have a very large native population. Everyone is very friendly. I have worked in many places but the people here are very open and easy to talk to. The Ford dealership is very big here. The down side is the cost of living is very high. Gas on average is $1.26 a L. Ford dealer labour rates are over $110.00 an hour. Also there is no drive through car wash here. Business tip for someone. People who work in the mines make big money so that helps to push prices up. Anyway its an experience and should be a blast.