FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Debadged, Detailed, Daymn!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So after today's joyous victory for the LA Kings, I decided to give the hatchling a bath and remove the badges.

- Washed with Armor All Cold Wash
- Used Plast-X for the plastics (does one hell of a job)
- Turtle Wax Liquid Clay Bar (Better than Mothers IMO)
- Turble Wax Clear Wax (Easy on, not easy to clean up)
- Armor All Glass Cleaner (cleaned up the mess the tint guys made :angry: )

[Image: Img_0871.jpg]
[Image: Img_0873.jpg]
[Image: Img_0874.jpg]
[Image: Img_0880.jpg]
damn that bi-tch is clean

we should go off-roading sometimes though
DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT!!!!

looks awesome man...i love black when its clean, shiny and purrrdy!!!
ZX5focused,Sep 30 2007, 01:58 AM Wrote:DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT!!!!
[right][snapback]249862[/snapback][/right]

I'm a little scared to do that with the state of the curb at the front. Its a stupid incline coming up from a level roadway.
Aren't we supposed to reverse into our driveways anyway? :D

And yeah ... car looks great - Focus in black is the best IMO. How did you debadge - fishing line?

Oscar The Grouch,Sep 30 2007, 08:50 AM Wrote:
ZX5focused,Sep 30 2007, 01:58 AM Wrote:DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT!!!!
[right][snapback]249862[/snapback][/right]

I'm a little scared to do that with the state of the curb at the front. Its a stupid incline coming up from a level roadway.
[right][snapback]249873[/snapback][/right]
ZTWsquared,Sep 30 2007, 09:01 AM Wrote:Aren't we supposed to reverse into our driveways anyway?  :D

And yeah ... car looks great - Focus in black is the best IMO. How did you debadge - fishing line?

[right][snapback]249874[/snapback][/right]

You try reversing onto an incline with a manual transmission without hitting the house. :D

To debadge, I used dental floss while my dad held the hairdryer to warm up the glue.

After you get the badges off, there is some foamy substance that is still glued. More heat and using a plastic gasket scraper (fingernails help too but do very gently), the foam stuff peels off.

After that, just use some goo gone to remove any glue residues.

Make sure you wash, claybar and wax afterwards to prevent any problems.
Excellent work but you've gotta do something about that tailpipe STAT (There's this little company in Huntsville called MBRP that you may have heard of :lol:)

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Sep 30 2007, 09:55 PM Wrote:Excellent work but you've gotta do something about that tailpipe STAT (There's this little company in Huntsville called MBRP that you may have heard of :lol:)

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]249911[/snapback][/right]

Will go there soon enough. Cash flow problems ATM cause of the finance payments. That'll change soon enough.
Good man, you can come over and remove my SES badge. I'm keeping the Focus one tho :lol:
NOS2Go4Me,Oct 1 2007, 08:56 AM Wrote:Good man, you can come over and remove my SES badge. I'm keeping the Focus one tho :lol:
[right][snapback]249931[/snapback][/right]

Sure. You supply the hair dryer and goo gone, i'll supply the floss.
id prefer to keep ses and lose the Focus , on a side note I seen a Red svt today in Bathurst N.B. first one I seen round here in a long time.