FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Little Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok im in the middle of changing my rotors and brake pads and a little problem came up
has anyone ever had any problems unscrewing this "brake hoes" nut?
[Image: brake_change004.jpg]
[Image: brake_change003.jpg]

already tried "MooveIt" stuff on it in big amounts.....and its like that on both front brakes :(

don't feel like stripping those nuts either....

by the way here's the new rotor next to OEM
[Image: brake_change002.jpg]

all studs look fine....
[Image: brake_change001.jpg]
I never had that problem with mine when I did the change over, if anything try using a little more or jiggle lube or WD40, or something like those and let it soak in for a little while.

also the new ones look alright, but you could have got the drilled and channeled ones like I got from crappy tire, nice on the stopping distance.

also one thing about the new rotors, is use some brake calipper paint or high heat paint and use it on the areas no touched by the brake pad itself as it will rust in those areas over time and the paint will limit the rusting.
those are from crappy tire....but i really just wanted blank ones....im not modding this car any more....its just time to change brakes
yeah I know your not modding your car anymore, but the painting idea I told you about is more to prevent rusting, and bonding of the rim to the rotor, as it commonly can happen with the drum brakes on the rear.
Why are you unscrewing your brake hoses?
word you don't need the hoses off unless you are changing the hoses also. just hang the caliper from a chain or something from the springs or spring perch.

if you want to get it off i would keep the caliper on the mounting bracket and use a line wrench (one of those wrenches with like.. 5 sides) and turn the wheel and just a big breaker bar on the end of the wrench
you have to bleed them to if your removing it. More work for nothing really, just hang that caliper by the springs with some zip ties dood!
thanks guys

02ztsian

When changing your pads don't forget to open the master cylinder. You need to depress the calipers to change to the (thicker) new pads and the fluid needs to go somewhere as you can't compress it so expect the fluid level to rise.
naz,Sep 28 2007, 02:57 PM Wrote:word you don't need the hoses off unless you are changing the hoses also. just hang the caliper from a chain or something from the springs or spring perch.

if you want to get it off i would keep the caliper on the mounting bracket and use a line wrench (one of those wrenches with like.. 5 sides) and turn the wheel and just a big breaker bar on the end of the wrench
[right][snapback]249764[/snapback][/right]
I agree just extra work for nothing.
02ztsian,Sep 28 2007, 07:48 PM Wrote:When changing your pads don't forget to open the master cylinder. You need to depress the calipers to change to the (thicker) new pads and the fluid needs to go somewhere as you can't compress it so expect the fluid level to rise.
[right][snapback]249771[/snapback][/right]

this is only an issue if you added more fluid to the reservoir as the level decreased. i personally don't open the master cylinder unless i am bleeding the lines so i dont risk any gunk getting into the fluid
Flofocus,Sep 28 2007, 02:51 PM Wrote:Why are you unscrewing your brake hoses?
[right][snapback]249763[/snapback][/right]

I was gonna ask... :unsure:
mpcv2000,Sep 28 2007, 08:49 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Sep 28 2007, 02:51 PM Wrote:Why are you unscrewing your brake hoses?
[right][snapback]249763[/snapback][/right]

I was gonna ask... :unsure:
[right][snapback]249797[/snapback][/right]

sorry i had a brain fart
nm that :lol: