FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Fantino Charged
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ontario Provincial Police Commissioner Julian Fantino is now officially charged with influencing or attempting to influence elected officials in Caledonia, Ont., site of the long-standing native occupation.

Justice of the Peace David Brown on Friday “issued process” in Ontario Court in nearby Cayuga, which means a summons has been issued against the OPP boss. He, or his lawyer, must appear in court on Feb. 3.

The charge was privately laid by activist Gary McHale, a long-time critic of how the provincial force has policed the almost four-year-old dispute on the former Douglas Creek Estates, and a leading organizer of rallies in the small town just south of Hamilton.

The subdivision, part of a Six Nations land claim, was first seized on Feb. 28, 2006, by natives.

At the centre of the complaint is an April 7, 2007, e-mail Commissioner Fantino sent Caledonia Mayor Marie Trainer and her councillors, warning them if they continued to show support for Mr. McHale, he would hold them responsible, support any OPP officer who sued council in the civil courts, bill the county for any extra policing costs and “strongly recommend” the OPP not renew its policing contract.

Ken Campbell, director of the Crown law office, on Friday wrote Mr. McHale, telling him that because the charge is an indictable offence – meaning the accused may choose trial by jury – the Crown is required to intervene and assume carriage of the prosecution. Mr. Campbell said the matter will be assigned to the ministry's justice prosecutions unit, set up for “prosecuting criminal cases where the accused is someone involved in the administration of justice, such as a police officer.”
GOOD. I hope they string him up by his shrunken useless peanut balls and get someone in who has the intention of actually upholding the law and protecting and supporting the taxpayers that actually pay his unearned wages.
Well, that's two of the three guys who supported the street racing initiative... First Michael Bryant, now Fantino. Can't wait to see when McGuinty gets charged with something. I'll be drinking champagne that day!
Oscar The Grouch,Jan 9 2010, 06:12 PM Wrote:Well, that's two of the three guys who supported the street racing initiative...  First Michael Bryant, now Fantino.  Can't wait to see when McGuinty gets charged with something.  I'll be drinking champagne that day!
[right][snapback]299305[/snapback][/right]

Best you'll get is McGinty tossed out of office come Oct 2011 :P

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jan 9 2010, 09:20 PM Wrote:Best you'll get is McGinty tossed out of office come Oct 2011 :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]299307[/snapback][/right]

I'm hoping for Tarred and Feathered... :D
Anything to get that idiot out of the office.
I hope they find a way to get Stephen Harper charged criminally too. Everybodys kicking themself in the ass for voting for that moron, now theyre paying the price of putting up with him, no body can stand him either.
Drag Fantino through Caledonia and let the citizens dish out some real justice.
paolo,Jan 11 2010, 08:25 AM Wrote:I hope they find a way to get Stephen Harper charged criminally too. Everybodys kicking themself in the ass for voting for that moron, now theyre paying the price of putting up with him, no body can stand him either.
[right][snapback]299332[/snapback][/right]

I agree somewhat, but who else was/is there to vote for? :(
Oscar The Grouch,Jan 10 2010, 12:26 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jan 9 2010, 09:20 PM Wrote:Best you'll get is McGinty tossed out of office come Oct 2011 :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]299307[/snapback][/right]

I'm hoping for Tarred and Feathered... :D
[right][snapback]299311[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but you'll have to pay HST by then on the tar + feathers :(

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jan 11 2010, 12:11 PM Wrote:Yeah but you'll have to pay HST by then on the tar + feathers :( [right][snapback]299355[/snapback][/right]
I would consider it worth the added cost. ;)
o hai guyz, what is this email right here?
http://www.caledoniawakeupcall.com/news/...email.html

NikiterZTS,Jan 11 2010, 08:36 PM Wrote:o hai guyz, what is this email right here?
http://www.caledoniawakeupcall.com/news/...email.html
[right][snapback]299381[/snapback][/right]

and.......

Loser
CanadaSVT,Jan 11 2010, 10:27 AM Wrote:I agree somewhat, but who else was/is there to vote for?  :(
[right][snapback]299341[/snapback][/right]

jackass um i mean jack "the video profesor" layton.