FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Another Happy Ct Customer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So yestarday i decided to fix my front driver's side wheel/tire cuz it was loosing air too fast and i had to put more air every 3 to 4 days.

I decided to go to this Canadian Tire(in Markham) since its only 2 min drive from me and thinking "come on, its an easy job and they can't screw this one up".

So i get there....this chubby 20 year old kid starts working on my car. Fixes the wheel. After he was done i carefuly inspected the car on the parking lot trying to find some damage anywhere on my ride. Everything was good at the point.

Anyways, I get and started working on my car. Took header and flex off and replaced them with stock parts.

So i was thinking what the hell i might as well do my brakes (bought new rotors and pads at the same CT that day). Started unbolting the nuts on that rim that he worked on......3 came off pretty easy....but one didn't wanna come out. I started going harder and the nut started slipping....at that point i was fawk it im taking it back tomorrow for them to take it off.......those bastards......

Get there today....see the same kid, call him over and tell him "Dude, you over tighten the s*** out of my nut"....so he comes over with tools and no luck.....

so he then says "Let me drive the car in the shop and deal with it there". Thats where i made a mistake by letting him drive my car at that point.

So 2 mins later i come over (the right side of the car faces me) and i don't know how i saw it right away but BHUVBUBD&^$^%&$R^%RE^!!!!!!!!!
[Image: rim_damage005.jpg]
[Image: rim_damage004.jpg]
[Image: rim_damage003.jpg]

i was like "dude look what you did to my rim!!!"........he comes over and looks.....and says "i didn't do it!"
oh yea? then why is there red paint in that scab and tire then from your car hoist(which is red ofcourse)

so he starts cleaning it with his fingers.....im like leave it!! (freackin idiot!!)
....i don't even know if it can be fixed now

so whatever ,somebody calls the manager over....he then looks and says "yep, i'd say he did it and we r gonna pay for it"
im like good-good

so he walks away to wright some paper.......mean while there's a team of 3 yahoo's trying to take the nut off of my other rim on another side.....by knocking in differnet sokets and damaging everything around that nut......so that rim gets damaged now too but not as bad though
[Image: rim_damage006.jpg]

OMG i wanted to kill all of them!
so i go to the office and tell manager to come over again....he then says that that rim is gonna be payed for as well.....wrote the paper where i go to this rim shop and get everything fixed + a pair of new rim locks (manager forgot to sign that paper and i was too depressed to realize that at that time)

these morons finaly get the nut off
and here's what it looks like
[Image: rim_damage009.jpg]
[Image: rim_damage008.jpg]

all i have to say that they lost me as a customer for good
awwww~~~ouch..
Dood thats some crap right there. At least they are paying for it, good thing you noticed.

I'm telling you I hear more stories about these security nuts getting fawked up than people getting their rims stolen.
good thing i had my digi cam in the car so i started taking pics while it was there

p.s it was a regular nut not a security one
Wow...
its funny how you would think there is no way they can f*** this up. haha. think again :D

moral of the story, stop going to crappy tires. I have said this numerous times, but ppl are still going to them. They are useless in the cities, in the small towns its ok to use them, but not in the big city.

at least you got two new rims out of it, maybe you can use the other two for winter :D
And that's why my dealer does EVERYTHING I don't want to do / don't have time to do.

Sorry fellas, but aside from Meford's son working at CT (and he seems to be picking things up rather well from what I've heard)... I haven't really heard of many "success stories" from CT visits.
It's not that they are useless..They hire people with absolutly no experience in the field..Kids that work there only work to get there pay check..They don't care about the customer's car.... That's the biggest thing. If they do a mistake there not paying for it.

Just saying that any garage make mistakes...some garage have no clue what there doing...CT is just a place that need people with experience and you'll get the service you deserve.
At least they are paying for it. Its funny that the kid tried to deny it though. Im sure there might ahve been another fight in the waiting room if they said they didnt do it...
the manager was a good guy from what i understand by talking to him....im sure he gave that lil idiot shi-t after i left(at least i hope)

but yea basicly any young cat tech goes to canadian tire to get his first experience for a resume
We should sticky something up for members here...

Good garges with hourly rates, and that kind of stuff.
good ideal
^yup... good idea... We have a shop in our town that charges only 45$/hour and they are awsome.

Sorry to hear about your mishap...
Wow.

They really mashed that up didin't they???

woah.

Good for you to get them to replace the rim.

I had the same situation with my car. It was one of the stupid brass ford nuts. I stripped the s*** out of it in my driveway and took it to brulington tire to replace all the nuts.

they needed a bloody torch to get off.

Anyway, check to see if they buggered the threads up on the rotor. You may have more trouble behind the new nut.
Gravter,Sep 28 2007, 12:17 PM Wrote:^yup... good idea... We have a shop in our town that charges only 45$/hour and they are awsome.

Sorry to hear about your mishap...
[right][snapback]249741[/snapback][/right]

Done, feel free to add to it guys. Its been pinned in this forum.
im doing my brakes as we speak....gonna see if it looks ok under
haha do they know these are euro rims there paying for ?
ok here's the thing....they are not buying me NEW rims....they are paying to get them fixed
I can't wait to see how they are going to "fix" a chipped rim.
ANTHONYD,Sep 28 2007, 03:37 PM Wrote:I can't wait to see how they are going to "fix" a chipped rim.
[right][snapback]249769[/snapback][/right]

They'll weld it.
Pages: 1 2