FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Svt Front On My Sedan
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just recently received and installed my SVT front bumper here's what it looks! lmk what you think of it!
[Image: focus005.jpg]
[Image: focus006.jpg]
[Image: focus007.jpg]
[Image: focus008.jpg]
[Image: focus009.jpg]
[Image: focus010.jpg]
[Image: focus011.jpg]
[Image: focus012.jpg]

Here is my lil how-to plug Svt foglamps when you only have normal fogs
1.I cut off the connector letting it 4 inches of each wire
[Image: focus013.jpg]
2.I cut 12 inches of wire for each one
[Image: focus014.jpg]
3.I welded them together so they will last longer
[Image: focus015.jpg]
4.I put shrinkable tubing over the welding so there will be no corrosion on my wires
[Image: focus016.jpg]
5.I added more plastic loom for better protection and tie-rapped it to the radiator support so they wont move or scratch on borders... original connectors aren't the good one they fit really tight and hold on well so i didn't replace them
[Image: focus017.jpg]
6. Finally do it for each wires (I almost forgot at the other end i also welded the wires and put shrinkable tubing on it)
7. Here's the final result!
[Image: focus018.jpg]
1. looks great..

2. need wheels other than stock..

3. heat shrink is not to protect short, it will crack over time..
best method is to wrap them using eletrical tape than use heat shrink over it to hold electiral tape in its place..

that is all i wanted to say
i like the looks man and yea....get some different rims

heatshink works good enough, electrical tape can/will start comming off when the temperature will change (summer/winter)
looks great....even the rims!
I like it... :P
Nice.

What's wrong with the lip???

It looks a little warped :blink:

Also, nik....read the post agin. Electrical tape UNDER the shrink wrap to keep it in place.
I like it, you've obviously put a lot of thought and effort into this project and it shows in the finished result (I always thought the SVT front end looked real nice :))

NefCanuck
Me likey... Anybody have a silver SVT bumper they need taken out of their backyard? :D

Ryan
he must know Richard........
Man I think that looks awsome, i've always been a fan of the SVT look on a sedan I think it looks great!
looks alright.
Frost__2001,Sep 26 2007, 01:06 PM Wrote:looks alright.
[right][snapback]249590[/snapback][/right]

aaaww its so hard to satisfy you Philly :lol:
reldridge,Sep 26 2007, 05:16 PM Wrote:Me likey... Anybody have a silver SVT bumper they need taken out of their backyard? :D

Ryan
[right][snapback]249571[/snapback][/right]

I have the entire silver SVT car I'm selling. Includes all bumpers.
for the rims ill answer one thing at a time! im only a 17 years old student and this way it keep it's sleeper look!
for the shrink tube: it's way better than electrical tape when you have good shrinkable tubing when you buy crap you have crap... my father's towing wiring has been done this way 5 or 6 years ago and there's still no problem...

Thanks for appreciation
for depreciation: critic is good when well justified... :D i can accept critic im not close-minded on this!

Any suggestion on how to niteshade my flashers in the front grille??? Which product should i buy, where is it available, how much does it cost? that would be helpful thanks!
Front end looks good! There's a product called "NiteShade" I believe Canadian Tire sells it in and around 10-11 bucks.
Looks great, and somewhat familiar.........
Dimitri,Sep 27 2007, 03:10 PM Wrote:Front end looks good! There's a product called "NiteShade" I believe Canadian Tire sells it in and around 10-11 bucks.
[right][snapback]249688[/snapback][/right]

Yes this works...I have used it on My SVT grill and the ZX3 grill it didn't turn out well

There is some coating or something that the niteshade tint doesn't react well with....I would say try window staining paint that you can get at any craft store

The Niteshade tint that I used was from Performance inprovements "VHT" $12