FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Shipping To Us Border
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so the company in the US now says they can't ship such a large package to Canada. So they recommended me to have it shipped somewhere near the border on the US side for me to come and pick it up there.

The question is: where can i find a location to ship the item in the US too? Is there such a thing like a storage center or US border courier centre where items can be shipped and then Canadians can drive over and pick it up?

If not, does anyone have any connections to someone living in the US border where I can have my package shipped and then i pick it up? Thanks
you can have it shipped to the UPS drop off/pick up center that's just across the peace bridge, but there only open 9-5 monday to friday i think.... otherwise i think there are 1 or 2 members who are in buffalo
schade,Sep 24 2007, 08:26 PM Wrote:otherwise i think there are 1 or 2 members who are in buffalo
[right][snapback]249423[/snapback][/right]
Who if they are going to act as your shipping agent, you should take care of as they are a great asset, time saver, and hell ya a big money saver. So take them out for a meal once and a while you guys.
Personally, I get it shipped to the UPS depot in Niagara Falls, it's equal distance from the Queenston=Lewiston and the Peace Bridge.

This is the address you'd use:

Your Name (Customer Hold)
UPS Parcel Service
6601 Packard Road
Niagara Falls NY 14304
United States
(905) Your Phone

They hold the parcel when it arrives and call you. Make sure you bring valid government ID; I use my passport.

And yes, it's only open weekdays.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searc...&zipcode=14304+
how much this UPS depot in Niagara Falls charge for holding items?
What fees can i expect to pay up for an exhaust system at a value of $425 US?

if its anything like the parcel recieving place i use over on here in BC (well washinton technically) it should be <5$ to hold the package. I have recieved headlights, suspensions, etc. and they were never more than 5$. Just make sure ur sorted out properly at the border (ie. receipts etc. cuz you might have to pay duty etc.)
double post
triple post. Damn I'm good
OAC Sparky? How much do you pay to have items held there?

Also, aren't we allowed to claim up to $500 cdn duty/tax free? So as long as I tell them i spent $425, then they shouldn't check and charge me any more fees right?
cornflakes,Sep 25 2007, 07:37 PM Wrote:how much this UPS depot in Niagara Falls charge for holding items?
What fees can i expect to pay up for an exhaust system at a value of $425 US?
[right][snapback]249518[/snapback][/right]
No fee for holding if it's being shipped UPS.

At the border you'll likely pay PST and GST. There is no personal exemption until you are in the US (IIRC) 48 hours. You don't get a large exemption until you're away a week.
what if they use USPS to ship to this depot? Will UPS charge a fee?
sorry, i forgot to ask, what is there contact number? I'd like to call them to make sure I can go ahead and arrange for my package to be shipped to them from Rhode Island, NY.

Probably, but I wouldn't expect it to be much. You'd be best to call them.

That said, it would probably be better/cheaper to just send it UPS if it's staying within the US.
UPS CUSTOMER CENTER
STAFFED LOCATION
6601 PACKARD RD
NIAGARA FALLS, NY 14304
800-742-5877

thanks, will give them a call!