FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Gtr Will Be Faster Than A 997 Turbo?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
naz,Sep 24 2007, 02:27 PM Wrote:http://www.autoblog.com/2007/09/22/round-1...advantage-gt-r/
[right][snapback]249395[/snapback][/right]

The GT-R is going to be a crazy car!! But really $$$$ I saw somewhere like 140K.
I'll take 2.
The GT-R looks ugly ....
Ill wait for the specs, these pics dont tell you an accurate story.
focusonthis_88,Sep 24 2007, 06:30 PM Wrote:The GT-R is going to be a crazy car!!  But really $$$$  I saw somewhere like 140K.
[right][snapback]249396[/snapback][/right]

hmm i dunno? i read something like USD$70k which would be a tremendous bargain just like the c6 z06 etc. either way 70k or 140k i don't pay too much attention since its too expensive for me :lol:
I couldn't see a Nissan being over 100k that would make their Infinity brand look cheap.
I dont like the look, It just doesn't look like a skyline to me....... either way I cant afford one :lol:
thats a pretty high benchmark to obtain, I'd be down for one.
Damn i even like the looks!

and i wasnt one of those skyline followers eather.

congrats to nissan 4 enterin the " affordable monster " category.
My two fave car companies... Nissan and Porsche. I'm completely impressed with BOTH.

Now, what about that Mr. Hyde-esque 2008 997 GT2? THAT is one stupid ride. 530+ HP. Mmmmmm... :P
NOS2Go4Me,Sep 25 2007, 12:32 PM Wrote:My two fave car companies... Nissan and Porsche. I'm completely impressed with BOTH.
[right][snapback]249452[/snapback][/right]

you should add subaru to your list ;)

Quote:The Subaru WRX engine is best thought of as 2/3 of a Porsche 956/962 engine

source1: http://www.spdusa.com/wrx.htm
source2: http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/coupe...x/compared.html
i like how that articles says the Japanese avoided American technology
FocusGuy7476,Sep 25 2007, 07:36 PM Wrote:i like how that articles says the Japanese avoided American technology
[right][snapback]249500[/snapback][/right]

i think it said they avoided american design but paid attention to their manufacturing processes

in any case.. i love that article its so wrx fanboy
No offense, but I really don't see how a plain WRX stacks up to a 996 911. It's night and day - lots more HP, better handling and active stability management (PSM), the interior, the brakes, the suspenion itself... you just can't draw a performance parallel.

Don't get me wrong, but if you want to compare apples to apples, put the 2.5L-powered STi against the Carerra 4. Even then, the Porsche is still "a Porsche" and will appreciate after a few years' slide in value. The STi is an unknown so far in the market. We'll have to wait and see on that one.
and then porsche will come out with a 911 to beat them all.. it's a vicious cycle I tells ya!

I like the looks of the new GTR... Is it coming to the states? because I get the impression the GTRs are popular with the wrong demographic state-side... I don't see too many kids who own a copy of the fast 'n furious DVDs being able to afford one of these.

Tho I expect one to show up in Jay Leno's garage...
I don't think Leno buys Japanese cars..........I've have seen shows and not once have I seen an Asian car in his inventory.

NOS2Go4Me,Sep 27 2007, 01:19 PM Wrote:No offense, but I really don't see how a plain WRX stacks up to a 996 911. It's night and day - lots more HP, better handling and active stability management (PSM), the interior, the brakes, the suspenion itself... you just can't draw a performance parallel.

Don't get me wrong, but if you want to compare apples to apples, put the 2.5L-powered STi against the Carerra 4. Even then, the Porsche is still "a Porsche" and will appreciate after a few years' slide in value. The STi is an unknown so far in the market. We'll have to wait and see on that one.
[right][snapback]249641[/snapback][/right]

yup i agr with you on all points its not a direct comparison the article isn't suggesting a wrx is better or even a competitor. its just saying a lot of the things are design concepts are similar.. like i said.. that article is totally for wrx fanboys

naz,Sep 24 2007, 05:02 PM Wrote:
focusonthis_88,Sep 24 2007, 06:30 PM Wrote:The GT-R is going to be a crazy car!!  But really $$$$  I saw somewhere like 140K.
[right][snapback]249396[/snapback][/right]

hmm i dunno? i read something like USD$70k which would be a tremendous bargain just like the c6 z06 etc. either way 70k or 140k i don't pay too much attention since its too expensive for me :lol:
[right][snapback]249412[/snapback][/right]

sorry..I saw this..wrong model

Quote:Though the R34 left production after the 2003 model year, it was so beloved that Nissan's Nismo division actually bought 20 used Skyline GT-R R34 V-Spec models during 2005 and completely rebuilt them into what is currently considered the greatest GT-R of them all — the $170,000, 500-horsepower Skyline GT-R Z-Tune

http://www.edmunds.com/il/nissan/skyline/
this is where i was getting the USD$70k price from

http://paultan.org/archives/2005/12/12/200...-infiniti-gt-r/
I'd take the Porsche, thank you.
Pages: 1 2