FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sega Rally Pc Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

Has anyone tried this game yet. It's great. This is my first "rally" pc game.
There are a few Fords that you can choose, including a Focus RS :)
I did not play enough yet to unlock it. You start out with a Subaru and when you get enough points, you can get a Evo, then something else and then the RS.
I'll be getting a few screen shots tonight.. after my boys are in bed ;)
Graphics are really nice.

Cheers
I didn't like it.....

I downloaded the demo for my PS3. found the controls too sensitive, would have been more suited for a drift game like Ridge Racer 7. And the lack of screen interaction was very disapointing, no good wipeouts or crashes as it doesn't let you off the track..... reminded me of pole position, but with way better graphics lol

I'll stick with Motorstorm.... it doesn't have the licensed rallye cars, but the game play kicks ass!
Yeah, I know what you mean about crashes and what knots.
Too bad it's not like Forza... more simulation would have been great.
But, this is simply a standard race game without much interaction.
If I want more interaction, I'll play some RTS or FPS games :P

Heres a quick list of games I've been trying out lately:

- Sega Rally
- World in Conflict
- Bioshock
- MOHA
- Lost Planet
its on my list of demos to dl for my 360 but ive heard it isnt that good and that "DIRT" is better
doesnt really matter since my life will exist only on Halo starting tomorrow
I've played both DiRT and Sega Rally on my PS3 (and own Motorstorm)..

to be honest, Motorstorm, while a pretty fun racer was (and still is) horribly overrated. There's some glaring omissions in that game that reviewers let slide because it was a launch title. I don't think I read a single review that brought up the issues of the later tracks in the dark (and without lights?? c'mon... even Doom 3 had a flashlight you could occasionally turn on).

Not to mention the glaring problem of cars hitting you from behind and slowing you down. When's the last time you've seen a transport rearend someone and the car slow down? HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN? It's a cheap hit to raise difficulty.

Anyways, I dunno.. DiRT is fun, and fairly realistic, but like most Colin McRae games, it has certain cheap tricks to keep the 'realism' real.. like the stupid axle-high posts littered in the grass instead of fences and whatnot, or roads that are a bit to realistically thin (it's one thing when you're not disembodied from the car in real life, it's another when you're floating behind/outside it in the game).

Once you master Colin McRae, it IS fun tho... I may end up getting it, but who knows...

Sega rally -- I've been waiting forever for this one... Rally games do a bit better when they're arcadey, and I miss that feeling. The controls are a bit sensitive, but I came to grips with it easily enough. The graphics are pretty decent -- I like the arcade look, but the rutting system really needs rumble to be effective. You can sort of get the impression the car wants to ride in the ruts with how it sticks to them, but it just doesn't feel right in the hands.

would be nice if it had more tracks tho.

To be honest, one of the funnest (to this date) rally games I've ever played is V-Rally for the original playstation. It was awesome -- they even managed to provide 9 course and lights at night -- something the PS3 can't even do yet!