FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Winter Tires + Rims (set Of 4)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I'm looking for a set (4) winter tires + rims. Anyone have any for sale or know where I can get them for a good price??
Well if you buy new it all depends on size. Through my wifes work (Walmart) I can get 185/65/14 Goodyear (nordic) with steel rims for $400 plus 10 a tire to balance, so $440 for the set. Check the for sale items I think I just saw a good set for about $250.
if i buy a set 4 (rims+tires) winters, can i just change the tires myself or will i need to make sure someone aligns/balances them properly at a body shop?

I thought I could just swap the wheels myself without having to pay a shop to do that for me? Isn't it just like changing a flat?

My guess is it is slightly different because the winter tires are a different size than my current stock so that might affect the suspension or transmission???

Please clarify this for me anyone cuz i was really just going to change all 4 tires myself and didn't know i might need proper balancing/alignment?
If the winter tires are already mounted to the rims then yea as long as they HAVE been balanced then just throw them on the car.... I dont see why you would need an alignment there.......