FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: The Parity Pool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, should we start a pool? What time this week with the CDN$ reach parity with the US$?

We could have a second one... How long before consumer prices in Canada reflect this fact? :lol:
P-51,Sep 20 2007, 09: Wrote:So, should we start a pool? What time this week with the CDN$ reach parity with the US$?

We could have a second one... How long before consumer prices in Canada reflect this fact?  :lol:
[right][snapback]249144[/snapback][/right]
Just got a e-mail from a news group. the loonie is trading at the US dollar. Last time that happened I was working in a gas station part-time waaaay back in the good old days.

Second poll: never
Any minute now...
It's gone back down, but still close.
Yeah, must have happened just as I was posting. Wow!

And just think, only 5 years ago I was getting up to a 60% bonus on my US salary. Last year I knew I would take a pay cut to work in Canada again, but that's not the case anymore.
P-51,Sep 20 2007, 10: Wrote:Yeah, must have happened just as I was posting.  Wow!

And just think, only 5 years ago I was getting up to a 60% bonus on my US salary.  Last year I knew I would take a pay cut to work in Canada again, but that's not the case anymore.
[right][snapback]249151[/snapback][/right]
How's life out in "God's Country"?
Awesome! Only thing is the trains. Wow that's a busy line! If only they wouldn't blow the damn whistles (and they're not supposed to).
yeah when the f*** are car prices going to go down!!
P-51,Sep 20 2007, 10: Wrote:Awesome!  Only thing is the trains.  Wow that's a busy line!  If only they wouldn't blow the damn whistles (and they're not supposed to).
[right][snapback]249156[/snapback][/right]
You'll get used to it. Where I live, we can hear the whistles nightly. When we moved from Toronto to Bowmanville, our kids were worried that they wouldn't be able to sleep due to the lack of noise, as we had lived bya shunt yard. needless to say, the kids didn't lose any sleep! Some old time residents told us that they had moved away, only to come back because they missed the trains :ph34r:
Fantastic!

Now the malls and stores are going to be even more overloaded on the weekends. Its going to be like Christmas-hell 365 days a year down here.
damn straight, im going over shopping real soon, gonna gets mes one of them ther xbox thingys and save $90
Dollar hit parity at 10 am this morning! and more then likely on the rise past that tomorrow!
I should have gotten money exchanged for the weekend earlier. #$#@$!&*@#
next week should be very interesting
they are expecting the dollar to hit 1.0005 or 1.05 some time late today,I heard that this morning on the radio...
ebay anyone?

Might have to start importing parts rather than using my contact a the Ford dealer.
I can get a 52" tv delivered at my door for about 1,000$ less...
this included shipping and duty fees... WOW
Our manufactures are gonna take a major hit :(

Edit...

Hmmm... that FS turbo is looking better every day ;)
Dollar closed above US Dollar today