FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Heating Controls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey also just wondering if anybody knows why the heat for the floor comes out the side of the center console near the front? Its heating up my shifter and other areas.
There was a year were there rear floor heat vents were not installed and so they put a cap in the center console. So thats y it heats up and blow our the side.
Some ppl have actually put some pvc piping and routed the heat to the rear and front feet compartments.
Scorcher000,Jan 8 2010, 10:24 AM Wrote:There was a year were there rear floor heat vents were not installed and so they put a cap in the center console. So thats y it heats up and blow our the side.
Some ppl have actually put some pvc piping and routed the heat to the rear and front feet compartments.
[right][snapback]299268[/snapback][/right]

well said
Scorcher000,Jan 8 2010, 11:24 AM Wrote:There was a year were there rear floor heat vents were not installed and so they put a cap in the center console. So thats y it heats up and blow our the side.
[right][snapback]299268[/snapback][/right]

Keep in mind that was a late 2003, and 2004 issue of Ford not installing the rear heating duct as a cost savings measure lol :lol:
I was able to force Ford of Canada to install the rear seat heat ducts on my wife's '04 ZTW after initiating a CAMVAP claim ... you can read about it here.

Heater Duct Issue

BTW - later on the CD player gave up the ghost and the tech attributed the failure to the heat being directed into the space behind the dash through the plenum opening.

Personally I wouldn't leave it that way because over time you never know what all that heat is doing to the switches etc located in the dash and console area.
well thanks guys since i noticed this problem my heated seats arent working, but i also heard that may be from installing an aftermarket deck. im going to rip the console apart today and ill let everybody know what happened.