FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: F1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
McLaren has been fined 100 million dollars (US) and stripped of it's manufacturer's points for 2007 due to the "spy scandal" Drivers points have not been affected. Sucks to be a McLaren fan right now :huh:
oldeguy,Sep 14 2007, 01:59 PM Wrote:McLaren has been fined 100 million dollars (US) and stripped of it's manufacturer's points for 2007 due to the "spy scandal" Drivers points have not been affected. Sucks to be a McLaren fan right now :huh:
[right][snapback]248776[/snapback][/right]

yeah specially if you are Alonso fan. It seems like he was the one that started this whole thing. He wanted to be #1 driver and treatened to black mail McLaren. Man i dont want to be driving his car right now. I wonder how good his brakes will be for this coming race :D

Also add more insult to the injury, some site stated McLarens penalty before the jury reached a verdict. Now McLaren lawyers are going back and want to know how come this news was already out before the jury had reached a verdict.

The drama continues :D:D:D with all this who wants to watch soap operas anymore
Here is the point i was refering to:

The Speedtv team is reporting that not only did Alonso provide the FIA with the new information that got McLaren tossed out of the sport, but that he also tried to use that information to blackmail McLaren into making him the number one driver and putting someone else in Lewis Hamilton’s seat for the rest of the year. Also, apparently it was that blackmail information that forced Ron Dennis out into the open and got him in all of this trouble in the first place.

Prior to that information, I thought people would be suspicious of Alonso and it might be tough to get a job but what choice did he really have - The FIA strongly encourage the drivers to turn in the information so he did. But blackmail… That just breaks my brain. I just don’t understand how anyone let alone Alonso could do something like that.

And then look at McLaren. They didn’t crumble under the blackmail and keep the team together. Maybe that was stupid, maybe that was honorable. Regardless, I’m with Steve Matchett - I just don’t have that kind of patiences.
I am an Alonso fan...for now. If the rumours are true, then I'm going to find another driver. I'm not a manufacturer fan, unless Ford is in it. Watch, Alonso's car will start to have mechanical failures.
True that ... I can't imagine how Hamilton feels though. What a way to taint an otherwise magical first year.

oldeguy,Sep 14 2007, 09:59 AM Wrote:McLaren has been fined 100 million dollars (US) and stripped of it's manufacturer's points for 2007 due to the "spy scandal" Drivers points have not been affected. Sucks to be a McLaren fan right now :huh:
[right][snapback]248776[/snapback][/right]
this makes me cheer for Hamilton that much more and really hopes he does win the driver's championship to rub it in Alonso's face.
Turning your bosses in when they do something bad is completely understandable and I encourage this. Blackmailing them in an effort to get rid of your teammate? Wholly unacceptable and if I was running McLaren I'd find a way to fire his @$$ and deal with the consequences of that later <_<

NefCanuck
This is why I love Ferrari !!

I think its time for Michael Schumacher to return !
D-Dub,Sep 14 2007, 07: Wrote:This is why I love Ferrari !!

I think its time for Michael Schumacher to return !
[right][snapback]248799[/snapback][/right]

I haven't figured out how yet, but Michael *must* be to blame for this. :lol:
this has gone too far in the 80's and early 90's all the teams had informants inside every other team, I've read stories where Senna and Prost had inside info and setups on the Williams and Ferrari all this whole spying saga is a load of BS Ferrari can't believe that another team as actually built a faster car than them (how dare the competition) and when the opportunity knocks to possibly have that team kicked out of the F1 championship or heavily penalized they jump to it like a vulture to a corpse, Ferrari have a allot of pull inside the FIA and they use it to there advantage whenever it suits them. On another note it has come out recently that Renault has confidential McLaren information what is the FIA going to do about it? considering it's only McLaren probably nothing.

Laterz :)