FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Thermostat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey does anybody have an idea on the cost of a thermostat for the focus with intstallation. Im finding that my guage shows im heating up when i start in the morning. But then it drops down to cool again then back up. Anyone ever had these problems?
Be perpared to replace the T-Stat Housing while you are at it. They are prone to damage as they are made from plastic. Not sure of the cost but be prepared.
im not really to sure if it is t-stat i was talking with another guy from fc he said it could be the fluid or air in the system. I commute a few days a week and find i lose a lil fluid every once and a while.
blackzx5,Jan 8 2010, 08:57 AM Wrote:Hey does anybody have an idea on the cost of a thermostat for the focus with intstallation.  Im finding that my guage shows im heating up when i start in the morning.  But then it drops down to cool again then back up.  Anyone ever had these problems?
[right][snapback]299257[/snapback][/right]

I replaced my thermostat by myself last week.

About 20 mins or so to remove the old thermostat and reinstall the new one (on a cold car).

Price for the Thermostat and gasket taxes in, should be around $20. Plus the price of some coolant.

I dont know what a shop would charge though. Depends on their hourly rate.

HOWEVER, if your gauge is going wonky, do you still have heat in the car when the heater is on?

If not, then definately thermostat needs to be changed. If you still have heat and the gauge is wonky, then you might need a new sensor.