FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtb; Antenna
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Someone has borrowed my antenna :( Anybody willing to sell a spare? I went to the local wrecker and HardKore must've been there lately, 'cause there was nothing worth picking up.
If you want to go shorty, you can pick up the same one I bought off Ebay.
13$ and I get better reception than with the long antenna
^ Is it black?
ebay item #???
Try Abe's in bomanville they usually have lots of foci !
SL8RZZX3,Sep 13 2007, 01:38 PM Wrote:Try Abe's in bomanville they usually have lots of foci !
[right][snapback]248721[/snapback][/right]
I called them when I was looking for a part for my fan problem, I was told that they don't part out cars.??? Maybe I'll take a trip up to see.
is it just the Antenna itself you need?

I got one in my storage

oh and the Chevy Aveo and Mercury Couger use the same Antenna and base as the Focus.
just the antenna, no base needed.
Here is the item number of the one I bought 260157969245. It costs 10$

That seller has a whole bunch of them. Just search 'focus antenna' and his seller name is jhongs. I bought it through paypal, had it by the end of the week.

Good luck!

P.S. Yes, it's black
Well, I'm gonna trust you on this...
I'm putting my order down for one of these ;)

16.50$ 15.91$ Cnd. shipped, not bad
^ Received it today.
I find it a thad short, kinda odd looking but the reception is amazing, just like the OEM, if not better!

Well, I spoke a bit too soon. The reception is good, but some channels won't tune in that used to, but with some interference.
this is great for someone in the city that is close to the source of the channel, but not my case. I'll post a pic of it tonight.

[Image: photo1031xb0.jpg]
I'm out in the country, and if I'm listening to anything out there, I get better reception than with the stocker, and less 'dead spots'. Driving up to our cottage at Lac Cayamant (1/2 hour from Gracefield), that's when it starts to go wonky.

I haven't completely lost any channels though.

What stations are you listening to?
ZX5chica,Sep 20 2007, 09:58 AM Wrote:I'm out in the country, and if I'm listening to anything out there, I get better reception than with the stocker, and less 'dead spots'. Driving up to our cottage at Lac Cayamant (1/2 hour from Gracefield), that's when it starts to go wonky.

I haven't completely lost any channels though.

What stations are you listening to?
[right][snapback]249150[/snapback][/right]
You mean Ottawa has good radio stations :rolleyes:
I'm kidding.
Everytime I'm in Ottawa, I listen to the rock station, I think it's 106 or something.
I listen to the bear on 99.7 because reception is better than 106.9 in my area.
Chez 106 does not tune in this way, no matter, not my taste.
I also listen to 89.9 sometimes just for a change.
But I listen to The Bear 99% of the time ;)
weird... where are you? and have you actually tried tuning into 106.9 instead of 99.7 with the new antenna
Hehe... thread jackers we are, lol...

I can get 106.9 on my old antenna at home, but barely with the new one.
I'm much closer to the 99.7 antenna in Pembroke (I'm about 30 minutes away from there).
I'm gonna keep it anyway... getting used to the "new" look :P
the shorty antennas everyone is selling on ebay and zx3tuning etc.. are only there for LOOKS, they are not desgined to meet any radio specs the oem was designed for, also the materials they used to make it with is no where like factory materials, the factory one is plastic with a metal coil inside, the shorty is all solid aliminum, which is not a good receptor.

i know i had one, it broke, it was crappy radio reception, i get the SAME reception with NO antenna that i had with the shorty on.
i just made my own "shorty" by cutting the stock one shorter. works great