FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah Toronto is trying to come up with ZENN, but Ontario wont allow it to be sold!!!! thanks Dalton

http://www.blogto.com/environment/2007/06/...t_them_sell_it/

pretty neat downtown car. Considering i would travel 60Kms to work and back. I guess i would have to charge it every nite :)
neat neat~
wondering what aftermarkets will do for this car when ontario allows it
It totally makes sence to use that downtown.

I'm sure if there is enough demad for those they'll change their minds.
yeah I remember hearing about this car being featured on CTV news a few months ago.... there was even an electric car used by the dept. of Forestry in a national park but because someone complained about the car sneaking up on someone, the car(s) got yanked from the park.

I'd love to see these cars on our roads. I'd love to see them as Taxis, as Taxis spend more time ideling then they do in service.
Frost__2001,Sep 6 2007, 04:36 PM Wrote:yeah I remember hearing about this car being featured on CTV news a few months ago.... there was even an electric car used by the dept. of Forestry in a national park but because someone complained about the car sneaking up on someone, the car(s) got yanked from the park.

I'd love to see these cars on our roads. I'd love to see them as Taxis, as Taxis spend more time ideling then they do in service.
[right][snapback]248322[/snapback][/right]

You'd think instead of doing that they would put noise makers into the tires or something stupid. Actually that is one safety issue, it probably should make some noise that is audible or the option for that.
I'm not really impressed. I've seen better electric cars, with 200-300 mile range and were capable of highway use. Though I think they acheive this using more expensive batteries. I doubt they cost $14,000.

I'm still not so impressed though, 25 mph and a 40 mile range or something? Bah.
i hope the future of cars is more like the tesla roadster and not 25mph econoboxes

get a sportbike and call it a day. 50mpg, blow the doors of anything with 4 wheels, park almost anywhere. the only downside is cargo space, but really, what else do you carry to work other than your laptop and a notebook?
^^^ and die horribly in a crash that wouldn't have even injured you in a car.
naz,Sep 7 2007, 02:40 PM Wrote:i hope the future of cars is more like the tesla roadster and not 25mph econoboxes

get a sportbike and call it a day. 50mpg, blow the doors of anything with 4 wheels, park almost anywhere.  the only downside is cargo space, but really, what else do you carry to work other than your laptop and a notebook?
[right][snapback]248394[/snapback][/right]

Where would my toolbox go?! lmao I don't think balancing that thing on the back of a bike would be a good idea neither. :ph34r:
I just saw a news feature on them the other nite, might have been CTV again. Seems these cars are for sale in the US also. The company has said to have paid a billion for exclusive rights to a new "top secret" hydrogen fuel cell that would replace the dry cells.
naz,Sep 7 2007, 02:40 PM Wrote:i hope the future of cars is more like the tesla roadster and not 25mph econoboxes

get a sportbike and call it a day. 50mpg, blow the doors of anything with 4 wheels, park almost anywhere.  the only downside is cargo space, but really, what else do you carry to work other than your laptop and a notebook?
[right][snapback]248394[/snapback][/right]

And in the first snap rainstorm you:

A) Crash horribly due to a loss of traction
B ) Crash horribly because you're not moving as quick as everyone else due to traction considerations
C) Crash horribly because the spray and occlusion of vision makes it harder to see a bike in a rainstorm, nevermind their own mindset against there being a bike in that maelstrom and your own visibility challenges due to said rainstorm.

A good compact is the way to go. Good, efficient, existing gas and diesel compacts are there as options. Most folks and their phallic pride can't stand them and therefore they wait and waffle and bitch.
NOS2Go4Me,Sep 9 2007, 10:26 PM Wrote:[right][snapback]248394[/snapback][/right]

And in the first snap rainstorm you:

crash A) B) C)

[right][snapback]248508[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i've been in quite a few snap rainstorms... i always carry my raingear when i ride and pull over to put it on at the start of the storm..and i don't go apesh!t with the throttle and brake. i've gotten into trouble on a dry day by not paying attention way way more often than from riding in the rain.. its not nearly as big a deal as you make it seem :)

and for the record i used to have the fuel efficiency king of the world 1.5L 93hp toyota tercel with 5sp manual trans no AC. it was horrible. even full throttle in 1st gear on a downhill it felt like i could go faster by running. with passengers trying to merge on a slight uphill fast moving highway.. forget about it.. better hope ppl brake to let the sh!tbox merge.. and with all the throttle used just to get the thing out of its own way the fuel economy just wasn't that good in the end anyway to justify the horribleness of the car and the lack of performance

sorry guys i just can't see how anyone would want something slow just to save fuel. i rather have like.. one or two less drinks per week to have some semblance of performance at 21mpg