FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Nhl® 08 On Playstation® 3 Launch - Sep 7th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got this in my email from Brookfield Place (formerly BCE Place)

September 7 • 11am to 2 pm
Concourse Level & Hockey Hall of Fame

Get some hands-on time with EA SPORTSTM NHL® 08 on PLAYSTATION® 3 before it ships to stores on September 11th. Meet Carolina Hurricanes' star and cover athlete Eric Staal with his brother, Pittsburgh Penguins star Jordan Staal at the Hockey Hall of Fame. Catch them in the 'King of the Rink,' brothers vs. brothers battle against the Hanson brothers of Slapshot fame in shootout and bubble hockey competitions. Then head back to the Concourse for more action in the winner-take-all clash on NHL® 08. Visit hhof.com for details.

Hockey Hall of Fame is at the corner of Yonge & Front St in downtown Toronto.
I'M SO THERE!

If anything.... I'm sure the Stall brothers will know where we can find a good bar :lol:
The EA NHL series games have gotten so old and not much has been done to improve them. Why pay another 60 bucks every year just to get updated rosters. :rolleyes:
I usually like the EA versions. I have 2K7 and I wasn't that impressed.

Oscar The Grouch,Sep 6 2007, 10:41 AM Wrote:The EA NHL series games have gotten so old and not much has been done to improve them.  Why pay another 60 bucks every year just to get updated rosters. :rolleyes:
[right][snapback]248287[/snapback][/right]

They only cost $60 for the first 3 or 4 weeks after release. Usually you can find it for $35 the week after Christmas. At least thats how it was for PS2....

I'm with OAC, I've played others but I always come back to EA Sports.
D'oh! :angry:

If only I would have seen this yesterday, I'd be there with bells on :(

As it is I have to sit around my doctor's office tomorrow morning to get my Accessible Parking Permit application completed :rolleyes:

Still, yet another sign that winter is on the way ;)

NefCanuck
EA is WAY better than 2K.
Is used to love Blades of Steal... everything since then is meh! lol
Then again, it doesn't really which game you're playing, when you're playing it on the PS3 in 1080p on my new Sony 60" XBR2 widescreen and 7.1 surround. :headbang:

Saved $1600 on it by driving an hour to Amherst, NY on Tuesday. :headbang: :headbang:

Gotta love workin' 12 hours triple time on a holiday Friday and Monday. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Sony 60" SXRD XBR2
OAC_Sparky,Sep 7 2007, 01:41 AM Wrote:Then again, it doesn't really which game you're playing, when you're playing it on the PS3 in 1080p on my new Sony 60" XBR2 widescreen and 7.1 surround.  :headbang:

Saved $1600 on it by driving an hour to Amherst, NY on Tuesday.  :headbang:  :headbang:

Gotta love workin' 12 hours triple time on a holiday Friday and Monday.  :headbang:  :headbang:  :headbang:

Sony 60" SXRD XBR2
[right][snapback]248340[/snapback][/right]

Good call. I got the same thing but a 55".
I was looking at the Sharp Aquos 52" 92 series before we found out we were expecting a 3rd child ;)
Oh well, congrats on your new TV's... bastards, lol
I really want to see proper, real-world 1080p before I upgrade projectors. So far I've seen NOTHING at the Sony Store or elsewhere that competes with my 1080i in real-world, HDTV applications.

I'm also waiting for the HD format wars to final strike a death knell in one camp. I'm NOT buying both players, both consoles or a combo player. Pick one and be done with it, dammit. :angry: :P
NOS2Go4Me,Sep 9 2007, 06:31 PM Wrote:I really want to see proper, real-world 1080p before I upgrade projectors. So far I've seen NOTHING at the Sony Store or elsewhere that competes with my 1080i in real-world, HDTV applications.
[right][snapback]248510[/snapback][/right]
You won't see anything better unless you are actually watching a BluRay/PS3 at 1080p. Which I have. My DVD upscales via HDMI to only 1080i. Why would you shell out the coin to go from 1080i to 1080p? Can you tell the difference? Not really.

That said, I can't say that I've seen a TV clearer than this one. But that's why it retails for $4500 and not $2500.
That's what I figured, man. Both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray do 1080p, right?

s*** or get off the pot, media folks. Pick a format already!
NOS2Go4Me,Sep 10 2007, 07:10 AM Wrote:That's what I figured, man. Both HD-DVD and Blu-Ray do 1080p, right?
[right][snapback]248535[/snapback][/right]
It depends on the HD-DVD. For 1080p it needs the HDMI interface (from my understanding), not all players have one. I haven't seen a BluRay yet not having HDMI.