FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Thermostat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm replacing the Thermostat today, had a small issue yesterday, with the temperature almost going skyhigh. Anything I need to be careful about. I've got all the parts, I think, and the How-to's.
Before you do it, have you checked the fans are working? Obvious I know, but I have to ask. If the high flow fan has stopped working, the low flow might not be enough in hot temps.
Car started overheating Friday, in slow traffic, when I got up to highway speeds, it was okay. Bought a thermostat from NAPA, and gasket. My next door neighbour, the mechanic, after I had spent far, far too long looking for the reason why the #$^^&^&$# thing was still leaking, after I had put in the new one, check and said the NAPA part is wrong. Went to Canadian tire, bought one of theirs, put on the old Ford O ring and no leaks. Checked to actualy see if the original Thermostat was pooched, and it was. So, moral of the story, buy Ford parts. :angry: Fans were both working, otherwise, I would have overheated Friday.
agreed, get ford motorcraft parts..
i also bought 1 from lordco(bc province kind of thing) and wasn't looked right.. air vent thing at the to was missing..and gasket was different..
returnd it and got it from ford. price wasn't that bad.