FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Heart For A Weak Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I found a focus for sale with a 1.6l in it for a resonable price. i was pondering if i could drop in a sport bike engine hooked to the stock tranny. Does anyone know how to hook up the focus tranny to a yamaha r1 or other sport bike engines. and i take it i would most likely will have to put it to a manual tranny rather then an automatic if i can hook it to an automatic how would i go about doing it.

focus with 1.6l 2k
yamaha r1 engine 1.5k or hayabusa engine 3k ish
sound like it would work, id probably turbo or supercharge it also and just basic power upgrades

i see them being put in to golfs i know that the focus is heavier but im sure some mods would fix some power issues

EDIT: also would it be legal conversion
not sure your talking in canada, but if you find some 1.6L focus its a missprint, it is a 2.0L if it is a 2000 focus. Unless your talking euro ....

Also the 1.6L Yamaha Engine may be uber reliable, but has NO balls. And explodes for all the same reasons as the SPI/ZETEC/DURATEC when boosted....
hardk0re,Jan 6 2010, 02:07 AM Wrote:not sure your talking in canada, but if you find some 1.6L focus its a missprint, it is a 2.0L if it is a 2000 focus.  Unless your talking euro ....

Also the 1.6L Yamaha Engine may be uber reliable, but has NO balls.  And explodes for all the same reasons as the SPI/ZETEC/DURATEC when boosted....
[right][snapback]299174[/snapback][/right]

o ok, i think it was an older focus but what do you think the hayabusa engine would do in it

i know that the motorcycle engines would give a good top end

and are they nothing for acceleration in the focus?

or what would be good engine swap for cheap, i got about 5k coming for this
I don't think its feasable.....unless you are a very rich man and an engineer with a machine shop at your free will its not going to happen.

Buy a focus with a zetec since they are cheap, rebuilt the 2.0L engine and build your own Turbo setup. You'll still be original.....IIRC none exist in canada anymore for thos of us that built our own turbos :P

hardk0re,Jan 6 2010, 03:14 AM Wrote:I don't think its feasable.....unless you are a very rich man and an engineer with a machine shop at your free will its not going to happen.

Buy a focus with a zetec since they are cheap, rebuilt the 2.0L engine and build your own Turbo setup.  You'll still be original.....IIRC none exist in canada anymore for thos of us that built our own turbos :P
[right][snapback]299176[/snapback][/right]

ok thanks, i know cam shaft upgrades add a decent amount of power, what cams would give the most power upgrade, and how much would boring and stroking usually run me at a machine shop?
:blink: I was actually at my VW mechanics shop yesturday and he asked me what year my focus was because he was thinking about buying a smashed one and fixing it with some of my spare parts. He told me it was a Euro Diesel Focus (I think 1.6)it was a diplomats car and he rolled it over apperently its siting at Starks junk yard in Toronto.

As for putting a bike motor in a Focus waste of money do a V8 Swap if you have cash to spare. If not buy my built motor and throw some kinda of boost on there and you'll be able to keep up with 600 cc Bikes no prob.
ZX3_2NV,Jan 6 2010, 08:44 AM Wrote::blink:  I was actually at my VW mechanics shop yesturday and he asked me what year my focus was because he was thinking about buying a smashed one and fixing it with some of my spare parts. He told me it was a Euro Diesel Focus (I think 1.6)it was a diplomats car and he rolled it over apperently its siting at Starks junk yard in Toronto.

As for putting a bike motor in a Focus waste of money do a V8 Swap if you have cash to spare. If not buy my built motor and throw some kinda of boost on there and you'll be able to keep up with 600 cc Bikes no prob.
[right][snapback]299181[/snapback][/right]

+1, a bike engine is fast on a bike because they dont weigh anything. Foci weigh upwards of 2800 lbs in some cases. V8 swap=confused pedestrians lmao hahaha
Where can i find this 1.6L focus engine. I just want the TDCi engine.
sonic_mikey,Jan 6 2010, 10:24 AM Wrote:
ZX3_2NV,Jan 6 2010, 08:44 AM Wrote::blink:  I was actually at my VW mechanics shop yesturday and he asked me what year my focus was because he was thinking about buying a smashed one and fixing it with some of my spare parts. He told me it was a Euro Diesel Focus (I think 1.6)it was a diplomats car and he rolled it over apperently its siting at Starks junk yard in Toronto.

+1, a bike engine is fast on a bike because they dont weigh anything. Foci weigh upwards of 2800 lbs in some cases. V8 swap=confused pedestrians lmao hahaha
[right][snapback]299186[/snapback][/right]

Mines weighs close to 3500lbs with me out and my stereo out. ZX5 with leather and CF hood. Light weight wheels too.
Loose the bike engine
Scorcher000,Jan 6 2010, 11:06 AM Wrote:
sonic_mikey,Jan 6 2010, 10:24 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]299186[/snapback][/right]

Mines weighs close to 3500lbs with me out and my stereo out. ZX5 with leather and CF hood. Light weight wheels too.
Loose the bike engine
[right][snapback]299191[/snapback][/right]

That is a very fat focus.
mo_focus,Jan 6 2010, 11:04 AM Wrote:Where can i find this 1.6L focus engine. I just want the TDCi engine.
[right][snapback]299190[/snapback][/right]
here is the car http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-c...QAdIdZ173861020
I'd say its a fake or it's wrong info. Dual exhaust.... look under her good cause they could have screwed that up or messed with somethings in order to do that.
logoris,Jan 6 2010, 03:13 PM Wrote:
mo_focus,Jan 6 2010, 11:04 AM Wrote:Where can i find this 1.6L focus engine. I just want the TDCi engine.
[right][snapback]299207[/snapback][/right]

This ad is littered with errors:

Body colour - silver, Exterior colour - raven black and grey? which one is it?
Dual SVT exhaust? no such thing
SVT body kit? not in the picture
16" wheels - the picture shows 15" stock wheels
1.6L engine - I'm guessing that he does not know and he copied it from a euro focus listing or foreigner posting fake ad to scam your money (common on kijiji)
spells colour without "U", sign of a foreign fake?
pictured car has recent plate - sign of short time ownership
dBlast from CSI Toronto
Scorcher000,Jan 6 2010, 12:06 PM Wrote:Mines weighs close to 3500lbs with me out and my stereo out. ZX5 with leather and CF hood. Light weight wheels too.
Loose the bike engine
[right][snapback]299191[/snapback][/right]

This can't be right John ... my '07 wagon with a full tank of gas, 17" ST220 rims, and me in it weighed just shy of 3200 lbs ... and as you know I weigh just a tad over 220 *ahem* ... and that was per the truck scales at the Husky at Courtenay Park and Kennedy in Mississauga. IIRC a ZX5 weighs almost 200 lbs less than a wagon.
1880kgs at the scales with me and the stereo in the car. I weigh 250lbs. Stereo is about 200lbs
logoris,Jan 6 2010, 08:13 PM Wrote:
[right][snapback]299207[/snapback][/right]

thank you, yeah this is not the correct info. Probably some 16yr old trying to sell it. As for the TDCi engine. I guess thats a no go too. I wanted to put it in a Zx5, but thanks to our wonderful e-test regulations in Ontario, i could only get away with a TDCi for two years before having to go thru e-test and failing.
Well it does have dual exhaust lol I would say stay away from that vehicle even if its not a fake. If you really want something cheap and want to do a swap you can find a focus for under $800 with a blown belt or something.
Scorcher000,Jan 6 2010, 05:39 PM Wrote:1880kgs at the scales with me and the stereo in the car. I weigh 250lbs. Stereo is about 200lbs
[right][snapback]299213[/snapback][/right]

Is this a joke?
ZX3_2NV,Jan 7 2010, 08:43 AM Wrote:Well it does have dual exhaust lol I would say stay away from that vehicle even if its not a fake. If you really want something cheap and want to do a swap you can find a focus for under $800 with a blown belt or something.
[right][snapback]299235[/snapback][/right]
ok thanks for the help i will stay away from it, and i have never seen any focus being sold for under 2k where do you find the one for 800
Pages: 1 2