FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Back From Brazil
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I'm back from my crazy trip to Brazil, just thought I'd check in and send you a link to my pics.
We flew in to Sau Paulo, bussed to Santos. In Santos for 5 days where we had the conference (initial reason for my visit). From there, we rented a VW Gol flexfuel (piece of cr@p car) and drove to Rio along the coast. We put that car through misery. Drove it on 4x4 only roads, almost drove it off a cliff, and dented the thing. All in a span of a few days.
Along the way to Rio, we stopped at Sao Sabastiao, Ihlabehla, Parati and Ihla Grande. While in Rio, we stayed at a Hostel two blocks from Ipanema beach. It was an awesome trip.
Feel free to check the pictures. Warning though, a lot of them are really grainy, mainly because I tried not to use the flash (especially the sun down ones).
Anyways, enjoy!
It's great to be back in Canada!
Photo book 1
Photo book 2
Photo book 3
where do you work and where do i sign up to get a job there :)

great pictures.

first batch, Brazil2007, number 57 is my fav. I really like the way it looks.
mo_focus,Aug 24 2007, 05:03 PM Wrote:where do you work and where do i sign up to get a job there :)

[right][snapback]247534[/snapback][/right]

I'm a student... half way through my masters degree. I still haven't decided if I want to continue to a PhD.

If you really want to give up your salary for 4-6 years, you can go back to school if you want ;)
Very nice photos!

My cousin flew from Poland to Brazil for 2 weeks and loved it. The only thing he complained about is that people there rob you like crazy, they rob in broad daylight and in front of cops. He himself was robed of a $4500 gold chain and a digital camera.
The thing there, as with travelling anywhere, is that you have to be smart about it. If you don't flash your money, or your expensive objects around, or carry your camera around your neck, you're fine. I kept a decent sized amount of cash on me, in case I was robbed, but nothing happened.
The locals new that we were gringos, but they left us alone. To be honest, I felt safer walking alone in Rio than I have ever felt in some neighbourhoods in Ottawa.
Nice scenery ( spelling ) "Beau Decor" .
You took some very nice shot , we can see lot of "smogs" on some pics.
I never been there , funny to see empty beaches on many of your pics. must be off season I guess.
Oh...I haven't seen one picture of you not smiling except the "chicken" one.. :P
ZX5chica,Aug 24 2007, 10:30 PM Wrote:
mo_focus,Aug 24 2007, 05:03 PM Wrote:where do you work and where do i sign up to get a job there :)

[right][snapback]247534[/snapback][/right]

I'm a student... half way through my masters degree. I still haven't decided if I want to continue to a PhD.

If you really want to give up your salary for 4-6 years, you can go back to school if you want ;)
[right][snapback]247535[/snapback][/right]

ewwww more schooling, no thanks :)

The reason why i asked, wife's company is sending ppl over there soon, so i thought maybe its some sort of IT related job. Brazil is getting to be an alternate to india lately. Its lot closer and lets just say sexier accent :)
Welcome back Chica, looks like you had a great time and thanks for sharing the pics !!!
Welcome back!

Looked like you had the time of your life!