FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Borrow Me A Spring/coil Compressor?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
anyone in toronto can borrow me a spring/coil compressor??

i got the front strut mounts and need a spring/coil compressor to tighten down properly..

i heard i can borrow 1 from canadian tire but don't want to put down $100+ deposit.
konafocuswrc,Aug 24 2007, 12:48 AM Wrote:anyone in toronto can borrow me a spring/coil compressor??

i got the front strut mounts and need a spring/coil compressor to tighten down properly..

i heard i can borrow 1 from canadian tire but don't want to put down $100+ deposit.
[right][snapback]247488[/snapback][/right]

Same as my work. Its just a deposit, you get the full amount back.
I can let you borrow my spring compressor...Let me know if you still need it

Tiketz,Aug 24 2007, 11:50 AM Wrote:I can let you borrow my spring compressor...Let me know if you still need it
[right][snapback]247522[/snapback][/right]

really??pmd
konafocuswrc,Aug 24 2007, 12:48 AM Wrote:anyone in toronto can borrow me a spring/coil compressor??

don't you get your money back if you return it?

PS -- two guys at ~200lbs can compress the springs enough to swap them.. Bluetoy and I did my car without a spring compressor. Contrary to what they say, keep a hand on the top, and you most likely won't lose an eye.

** valid for 2002 model year at least.
darkpuppet,Aug 24 2007, 06:59 PM Wrote:

don't you get your money back if you return it?

PS -- two guys at ~200lbs can compress the springs enough to swap them.. Bluetoy and I did my car without a spring compressor. Contrary to what they say, keep a hand on the top, and you most likely won't lose an eye.

[right][snapback]247547[/snapback][/right]

i know it can be done without compressor, this is not my first time doing it..
installed on other cars without it too..
but the thing is, on my third setup which is coilover, the nut that holds strut plate down got lose over time, i want to make sure it is torqued down properly this time..

anyway, i can get my deposit back but i don't want to deal with them..had bad experience before..
darkpuppet,Aug 24 2007, 09:59 PM Wrote:PS -- two guys at ~200lbs can compress the springs enough to swap them.. Bluetoy and I did my car without a spring compressor.  Contrary to what they say, keep a hand on the top, and you most likely won't lose an eye.

[right][snapback]247547[/snapback][/right]

Yes we did. The one we had trouble with was weird because I did my SVT by myself using the same stuff as yours.
Thumbs up to the Partssource over by Mccowan&Sheppard, I was in a pinch and needed to tighten the bearing hub nuts on the sunfire. Super friendly, helpful & had the part/kit in stock (and in A+ condition).
Will definately be using Partssource in Guelph more often now.