FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Maintenance Due For A 01 Se
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well this weekend I'm going to tackle some past due maintencance on my wife's 01 SE.
The car has never had a tune up and is still using the original fuel filter. So I'm wondering what I should do? This is what I have so far.
Spark plugs.
Wires.
Fuel filter
Cabin Filter.
Any other suggestions please let me know,
Thanks
what's the mileage?
oil change, tire rotation check the brake linings, coolant flush, power steering flush, brake fluid flush, recharge the a/c, check all the lights, vacuum the interior, wash and wax the exterior, clean the change from under the seats. And take it on a blast down the higway just for fun :P

It's an 01, I'd recommend transmission flush/inspect/refill, transmission filter (only if it's auto, obviously). Change the gear oil if it's a manual. Check the coil (and replace anyways if it was me).

Depending on the mileage and the time of the last major inspection, inspect all the running gear (steering assembly, suspension, axles and bearings, etc). Replace as you should - don't wait for something to fail.

You're a smart guy, I figure you'll be ok. :)
Well her car has 123'000km and its a auto.
Ok well I changed the plugs and wires today and wow!!!! The car drives like new (spi new) I am blown away by what that can do. It drives moves so much more smoother then before, my wife is happy so that should shut her up until I am done typing this. She wanted the new Caliber and I said no way, so she wanted it more but now she fine with her car.

Also I changed the cabin filter...if you are like me and have never changed do it! I took the old one out and it was solid black with debris through out.