FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Thinking Of Buying A 2007 Zx5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well the title says it all. A 2007 ZX5 SES with a stick, side air bags, power sunroof, liquid grey, charcoal interior, loaded. I'm waiting to hear from my insurance company for a quote. The price is pretty good, my dad is a Ford retire, but I'm trying to decide if I want a second Focus. I'm going tonight to go have a look at it.

The TC on the ZX5, it can be completely turn off? There is a button for it, correct?

Anyone want to chime in who have new ZX5's. It's got power everything, heated seats, mirrors, so I'm a little worried of thing in the long run

DRyanC
Mine is a zx5 ses 2006 everytihng but leather
now to answer your question

traction control you can shut it off ... but I guess it still kicks in under 30 mph or something like that nothing a fuse removal cant fix or a seperate switch to completely disable it

heated seats you will love guarenteed ill never put racing seats in mine because of the heat lol
I can light my tires up quite nicely with the TCS off. :D

You won't regret it. The car handles great out-of-the-box, cruises great and gets great gas mileage. I love it.

It's also a really smart buy right now as Ford is hard at work clearing out thier 2007 inventory (family pricing, etc).

I bought the extended warranty to 7 years / 120,000KMs to cover all the little stuff. Truth be told, I'd pay to fix anything if it wasn't covered anyways. Like ZX5power says, the heated seats make the car an year-round beast... you'll love cruising down the road, even at -25C and below.
So if you use the button to turn off the T/C it's still kicks in if you break the tire loose?

thats what I was looking for NOS4ME2GO

DRyanC
they still break loose , but take a turn at 30 and floor it and you will see a completely different beast light up lol
the heated mirrors is a nice feature to
I just bought the exact same setup you have, cept the side air bags cause I have a deathwish, and its sweet.

The stick is really great, a little sticky at first but fun once she gets worn in.
Yes ... TC can be turned off, the button is on the centre console next to the passenger side heated seat button ... and don't worry about the extras ... all those things have been available on the Focus for years now and are well sorted out.

My last 4 Foci have had all those options and except for one early recall on the seat heaters (2002?), there hasn't been any concerns or problems.

A/Z-Plan with the Ambassador program is an absolutely awesome deal right now.

DRyanC,Aug 21 2007, 09:43 AM Wrote:Well the title says it all. A 2007 ZX5 SES with a stick, side air bags, power sunroof, liquid grey, charcoal interior, loaded. I'm waiting to hear from my insurance company for a quote. The price is pretty good, my dad is a Ford retire, but I'm trying to decide if I want a second Focus. I'm going tonight to go have a look at it.

The TC on the ZX5, it can be completely turn off? There is a button for it, correct?

Anyone want to chime in who have new ZX5's. It's got power everything, heated seats, mirrors,  so I'm a little worried of thing in the long run

DRyanC
[right][snapback]247258[/snapback][/right]
Thats why I looking at this Focus, Z-plan with ambassador deal is what I would be getting.

DRyanC
I can light up my auto so you can light up 5 speed dont worry bout tractio ncontrol lol
Is there a center arm rest in the ZX5? My dad had a 2000 sedan with one and it was it the worst possible place.

DRyanC
Yes you get that POS console. But I don't mind it.
That console is my hero.... I couldn't own a Focus that didn't have one.
yeah i love it to thats storage ... and without a place to rest my arm id die lol
The traction control on any Focus 05 & up even when switched off has a "lawyer mode" in that it'll kick in if it detects wheelspin up to 25mph (I guess too many fools were shutting off the TCS & then having crackups when their machismo overrode their common sense :rolleyes:)

NefCanuck
I've been to the track with my ST and when I turned off the TC it never kicked in during my launches. And believe me, I spinned them lots... We all need a good LSD in our Focus's!
TCS disable in a Mustang GT is too much fun...that's why I don't do it too often. I can roast my tires just accelerating, without dumping the clutch. I can also put the ass end out shifting aggressively to 2nd. I think TCS limits the engine output by as much as 20% on the Stangs.

The heated seats in your car will be awesome, especially if it's got leathers. That's the one and only feature my Stang doesn't have, but that's ok as I don't drive it in the winter anymore.

Liquid grey is one of my favourite colours for the Focus.

Let us know what happens!
If anyone doesn't understand what Ken was talking about, the ambassador program is set up to give further discounts to Ford employees when they sell cars/trucks as pricing that we would normally see on A-plan.
Ford sends out the information allowing us to receive further discounts off A-plan. So we still get the vehicle cheaper than what you, the public, can buy the vehicle for.
However, at this point in time, we can now pass on that savings to you the Joe-blow consumer if we do not intend to use the savings ourselves.

And guess what.

I have no use for mine. Or my wife's. So if your looking to buy a new car, I can and will help.

Oh yes, for me to use the ambassador program for another, you have to driving/owning an import at this time. I know, I know, this sucks. You can try and get around it by driving a friends Hondah into the dealer?? I don't know. But the discount is available.

Anthony, this is the time to dump Jen's car and get a new Ford Edge! She'd love you. More.
Damn meford... sounds tempting.
My gf is still wanting to sell/trade her ZX5... but for a , ahemmm, mini-van!
Yup, you read it right. "We" are pregnant for our 3rd child ;) due in April '08 :P
So, since Ford does not make one anymore, what else do you suggest... oh crap, I'm thread jacking again.. oups.. to be continued ;)

Back on topic... Get the ZX5... or beter yet an ST ;)
Pages: 1 2 3