FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Worse Fuel Econ Evar!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
no one here can complain about poor fuel economy again!!

[Image: 0819071328.jpg]

a little over 8 gallons in 54 miles.. for a little under 7mpg :ph34r:

this was yesterday at a school day at thunderhill race track, it was over 90F so i was back to using 100octane @ 6.49/gallon as a buffer against deto (no way i was going to CA spec 91 octane in those conditions)

other guys from my run group

[Image: 0819071328a.jpg]
the yellow car is a c5 z06 and the white porsche is a 911 C4.. other cars in the group were c6 z06, e46 m3, elise and some random others

elise driver wasn't that great, so i was able to pull away from him.. the 911 driver and were close in the corners but he had more power and shorter gears so i couldn't catch him.. the vettes blew by me at will :o

there was a focus in another run group.. i tried to take a pic of him for you guys but i couldn't get a good shot.. all i had was my cell phone.
should of posted here that u were going.....i need to come out to the track this year at least ones
NikiterZTS,Aug 20 2007, 09:46 PM Wrote:should of posted here that u were going.....i need to come out to the track this year at least ones
[right][snapback]247207[/snapback][/right]

you'd come to San Francisco CA for a track day? dude i will post for sure next time i'm going!! :D
If you go for one the next time I'm at the Reno, NV office I'll drive the rental du jour over for some shenanigans :D :lol:
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 20 2007, 06:41 PM Wrote:If you go for one the next time I'm at the Reno, NV office I'll drive the rental du jour over for some shenanigans :D :lol:
[right][snapback]247216[/snapback][/right]

Dude, rent the Hertz Mustang and go nuts! :P

NefCanuck
naz,Aug 20 2007, 06:06 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Aug 20 2007, 09:46 PM Wrote:should of posted here that u were going.....i need to come out to the track this year at least ones

you'd come to San Francisco CA for a track day? dude i will post for sure next time i'm going!! :D
[right][snapback]247208[/snapback][/right]

hahahahah
NefCanuck,Aug 21 2007, 01:31 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 20 2007, 06:41 PM Wrote:If you go for one the next time I'm at the Reno, NV office I'll drive the rental du jour over for some shenanigans :D :lol:
[right][snapback]247216[/snapback][/right]

Dude, rent the Hertz Mustang and go nuts! :P

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]247224[/snapback][/right]

OMG funny you mentioned that!!!! someone actually did that!!! there was also a mustang 'shelby gt-h' in my run group.. however...

i did not remember it until now because it only lasted on 20 min session.. 1 lap into the second session.. coming out of the front straight into turn one.. a MASSIVE cloud of blue smoke (as in.. the whole frigging track was covered in blue smoke) comes from the 'stang's exhaust.. continuing all through the next 3 corners.. until the driver wisely decides to put the car off course and come to a stop. it got towed off the track at the end of the session and didn't return for the rest of the day

on a brighter note for fomoco.. there was a GT500 there that sounded great and was really quick.. and a zx5 hatch was there as well (unfortunately, his run group had some ridic hardware... RS4, GT500, 335i, STi, etc.. so he was getting passed a lot.. not his fault)
naz,Aug 20 2007, 05:06 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]247208[/snapback][/right]

aaahh i thought u still live in old good Markham
NikiterZTS,Aug 21 2007, 05:55 AM Wrote:aaahh i thought u still live in old good Markham
[right][snapback]247236[/snapback][/right]

naw..moved to the US in 1999

i wish i was still in markham sometimes.. real estate prices are awesome in toronto!!!