FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: A Renovatin I Go To!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:P

Still have the stairs to do, add some brackets to the main beam...but at least I can now use my patio door off the main floor (a year and a bit later :rolleyes: )

[Image: DSCF3447.jpg]

[Image: DSCF3448.jpg]

[Image: DSCF3449.jpg]

[Image: DSCF3450.jpg]

Cant wait to finish it!
Hey Nate, don't look now but some asshole built his deck over your walkout. :o :unsure:

:lol: :lol:
kind of funny you mentioned that. I told the builder to put the door on the other side, they said No I didnt, I said, go check the plans.

I was right, but it was to late. They gave us a $200 coupon for Leons furniture to make it better. Ah well. I like it better there anyways....gives a nice shaded area in a backyard that gets a whole bunch of sun.
Screw stairs, do a funhappy slide or a fire pole! :lol:
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 20 2007, 12:00 PM Wrote:Screw stairs, do a funhappy slide or a fire pole!  :lol:
[right][snapback]247170[/snapback][/right]

My father

"Whats wrong with ladders?" :ph34r:
ladders are just just really steep stairs.
I vote fire pole!

Great all this home renovation posts, my wife is going to get on me about what to do with the back yard!

Question: did the builder put up the fences for you?
I did the fence with some freinds the 1st month I moved in last year.
My kids actually wanted the slide (as well as the stairs) when I built my deck.

I couldn't tell them that it was impossible because we often pass by this house in King City that has a huge slide beside the stairs of the deck. They already had a slide on the playground set that I built, so I told them 1 slide per backyard only!
Flofocus,Aug 20 2007, 12:56 PM Wrote:I did the fence with some freinds the 1st month I moved in last year.
[right][snapback]247181[/snapback][/right]

Is Nate and Friends (co) for hire :P lol
hardk0re,Aug 20 2007, 01:04 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Aug 20 2007, 12:56 PM Wrote:I did the fence with some freinds the 1st month I moved in last year.
[right][snapback]247181[/snapback][/right]

Is Nate and Friends (co) for hire :P lol
[right][snapback]247183[/snapback][/right]

Took us 4 days to do 130 feet of fence. thats going down 3-3.5 feet for each post.

Oh, and it was all rock. We used a jackhammer instead of a shovel. :angry: It sucked.

If you dont have rock like we did, it isnt hard building a fence. Get the proper post levels, and right tools and you should be good to go.
do like your neighbours and build a swimming pool off the side of the deck as well as some stairs... then you have 2 ways of getting down.. a wet and dry option...
darkpuppet,Aug 20 2007, 01:15 PM Wrote:do like your neighbours and build a swimming pool off the side of the deck as well as some stairs... then you have 2 ways of getting down.. a wet and dry option...
[right][snapback]247187[/snapback][/right]

I was going to check with him on the idea of a 'boardwalk' going right to his pool. :lol:
OMG even better idea...

ZIPLINE!

WEEEE!
Where are the stairs coming down? In front of the window?
meford4u,Aug 20 2007, 07:09 PM Wrote:Where are the stairs coming down?  In front of the window?
[right][snapback]247215[/snapback][/right]

No, down the side where there is left over 'frame'. It will come down beside the window
Nice deck Flo...
Now I see why it ain't free floating, lol.
I can only hope to finish my deck before winter, lol.