FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Peterborough Area?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just moved to Peterborough a couple weeks ago so wondering if any Focus people out in this area? I know of one guy, forget his name but drives a silver sedan.

Anyone else? Any carshows any of you guys know about? Dont really know anyone here!
Welcome to the area!!! I'm from Lindsay (next town over). I drive an 06 Black ZX3. As for car shows in the area, there isn't too much that I know of..other than the old boys and their classics...lots of them around!
I actually used to live in Lindsay. Still work there till I find a job in Peterborough. Might have saw me around in a grey sedan with the decals on trunk removed or in a 02 tru blue Mustang with some nice blower whine.
Sorry, Can't say I've seen ya around. Then again, I'm not in town much. I keep seeing a sedan that has a windshield banner "CMT"??? , a sweet two-tone orange & black ZX3...and of course Polito's SHO ZX3!!!
audionut405,Aug 20 2007, 09:09 PM Wrote:Sorry, Can't say I've seen ya around.  Then again, I'm not in town much.  I keep seeing a sedan that has a windshield banner "CMT"??? ,  a sweet two-tone orange & black ZX3...and of course Polito's SHO ZX3!!!
[right][snapback]247230[/snapback][/right]

SHO ZX3??

can we hear more about that please? :D
audionut405,Aug 21 2007, 02:09 AM Wrote:Sorry, Can't say I've seen ya around.  Then again, I'm not in town much.  I keep seeing a sedan that has a windshield banner "CMT"??? ,  a sweet two-tone orange & black ZX3...and of course Polito's SHO ZX3!!!

Yeah Ive saw those around as well... Not a fan of that two tone one, they basically copied Politos colour scheme. But the SHO is pretty cool.

NikiterZTS,Aug 21 2007, 02:12 AM Wrote:
audionut405,Aug 20 2007, 09:09 PM Wrote:Sorry, Can't say I've seen ya around.  Then again, I'm not in town much.  I keep seeing a sedan that has a windshield banner "CMT"??? ,  a sweet two-tone orange & black ZX3...and of course Polito's SHO ZX3!!!

SHO ZX3??

can we hear more about that please? :D
[right][snapback]247232[/snapback][/right]

He took a zx3, threw on a custom wide body kit, custom hood thats like a GT40 hood, custom interior and put a modified SHO v6 in the back. Quite the Focus, it was in one of the Focus Fanatic magazines. If I had a scanner id show some pics but there probably some online somewhere.
Yeah, it's a little over the top, but still pretty sweet.

I was in talking to Anthony Polito and apparently he was in the racing circut for awhile and aquired a couple SHO crate engines. He took a 2000 ZX3 (SVT I believe), converted it to rear wheel drive and threw the SHO in the back (mid-engine). It's a 3.0-liter DOHC 24-valve SEFI engine and puts out 300 hp and 250 lb. ft. of torque!!! After all the swap and upgrades, he turned it over to a custom shop to finish the cosmetics.
I will be going there in the next day or so hopefully and will snap a few pics for the boards.

STAY TUNED!!!!!!
OMG......i need to see that car.......wow

can somebody show me a pic?
Hey I work in Lindsay and live in Peterborough I drive a white 4 door sedan with blue and black graphics and blue underglow you may have seen me around i usually hangout by tim hortons on george or the crusie nights at no fills on tuesday nights. And as too the focus at Polito Ford I know Anthony and I have driven the car you been talking about its very fast.
You guys should come out to Ottawa in September....Gravter and myself are trying to rally some people into going to Tapp Auto for a joint meet between Focuscanada.net, and http://www.mustangcanada.com.

I see that one of you has a Blown Blue 02....ever dyno'ed that thing? Is it a stock Cobra? or.....Kenne Bell? Anyways, you could bring that or your Focus...

Peterborough and Lindsay aren't THAT far from Ottawa...like 2.5-3 hrs isn't it?

Sorry about the threadjack....

L8tz!
blue_light,Aug 21 2007, 10:38 PM Wrote:Hey I work in Lindsay and live in Peterborough I drive a white 4 door sedan with blue and black graphics and blue underglow you may have seen me around i usually hangout by tim hortons on george or the crusie nights at no fills on tuesday nights. And as too the focus at Polito Ford I know Anthony and I have driven the car you been talking about its very fast.
[right][snapback]247303[/snapback][/right]

Car sounds familiar, I think I actually followed you out of Lindsay tonight, did you turn onto Traceys Hill Road going east out of Lindsay? tinted windows and tail lights? If so I was a few cars behind you lol.
Drivesthebeast,Aug 21 2007, 11:13 PM Wrote:You guys should come out to Ottawa in September....Gravter and myself are trying to rally some people into going to Tapp Auto for a joint meet between Focuscanada.net, and http://www.mustangcanada.com.

I see that one of you has a Blown Blue 02....ever dyno'ed that thing?  Is it a stock Cobra?  or.....Kenne Bell?  Anyways, you could bring that or your Focus...

Peterborough and Lindsay aren't THAT far from Ottawa...like 2.5-3 hrs isn't it?

Sorry about the threadjack....

L8tz!
[right][snapback]247312[/snapback][/right]

I like Ottawa, my sister lives there and I took my girlfriend to winterlude last year!!

And do you post on GTAMC.com? Seeing as you drive a Mustang as well.

And the 02 is not a Cobra (the blown cobras were 03/04), its a GT. Vortech V2-SQ, stock pulley. Only other mod is mufflers and it put down 345rwhp and 346rwtq. Gonna get some more goodies sooner or later, be nice to have 450 to the wheels.

And its about 3-3.5 hrs, but I take my time, cant afford another ticket lol. But just have no time to go there for the next while.
yes that was me
Good to know, next time I see ya I'll wave.
I live in peterborough, Monaghan Rd...just a plain old green sedan! but i still own one, and live there..haha
Thats cool, mines plain as well... well minus steelies up front and a damaged passenger side fender ahaha damn deers.

Nice to know theres a few guys in the area though. Im just up from Monaghan off of Goodfellow in the apt buildings.

Keep me updated of stuff going on in the area, like to find a car show or two to check out.