FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtb: Shorty Antenna
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking for a decent shorty antenna in either gloss black or polished silver. I'm not interested in cutting my own antenna and making one just yet.

Let me know if you have one :D
you should just cut yours mine only took me 5 min
Where did you cut yours? What did you do to re-mount the tip?
The tip is tight enough to stay put without any glue. Once it's heated up, it moves pretty easily. I've chopped a few antennas including my own and it worked great every time.
its pretty easy ...
. boil some water on the stove ....
.heat tip in it
.pull it off with fingers or oven mit
.I cut mine about 3/4 way down ( I used lineman pliers that were sharp..ps might be a good spot to use gloves if you got em I got a little fiberglass in my fingers) didnt hurt my reception ... you can just see it with roof open.

. then what I did was put the tip on just a little and put it back in the boiling water and worked it on little by little making sure the lign was straight

worked awesome and looks perfect .
There's always the Ebay option, that's where I got mine (with the help of ZTWsquared)

$15 or so all in and it pulls in signals just about as good as the stock thing (Which I swear was going to shatter the sunroof glass one of these days <_<)

NefCanuck
Interesting. I might just try that tomorrow. I always have my spare antenna from the SPI if I screw up. ;) :P
its easy , didnt hurt my reception and its maybe 6 inches from the roof :P
It won't be today, I'm sitting here at the office doing server upgrades and it's raining... plus I forgot my Dremel at home :P
I just cut mine with some sharp linesman pliers , hint*** when you put the rubber tip back on make sure the lign on it is straight it will bug you lol , I had to reheat mine lol .
EDIT - it's finally done and finished, but not what I expected. It'll do for now till a black-finished aluminum antenna can be found.
thats weird mine looks perfect