FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Cts Test Drive
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well i got woken up today from a phone call from Cadillac, tell me that i have been invited to a vip event to test drive the new 2008 Cadillac CTS

i think im going to have to take them up on this offer and go, plus i get a free dinner out of it too
sounds like fun, I've driven a few Caddys at my new job, but they feel cheep... so I wonder how this one will measure up.
The one looks pretty sharp (litterally!). Apparantly the interior is miles ahead of the previous gen.
I got a chance to drive a 2005 with the corvette enginge and the 6 speed trans, very fast and handled very well. Too much money for what you get but still a nice car. Have fun with the new one.
where do u guys sign up for these events?
Yeah, my cousin's buddy has a CTS-V. It's definitely a premium over the C5 it's built on for the luxury of 4 doors.

Enjoy flogging the 2008!
Nice, hope you have fun :)

NefCanuck
I went to one of these when subaru was introducing the WRX and the new H6 engine.

Good times! Im sure youll have fun. :D
Flofocus,Aug 17 2007, 11:24 AM Wrote:I went to one of these when subaru was introducing the WRX and the new H6 engine.

[right][snapback]246961[/snapback][/right]
so is that something u can sign up for on the company site? :huh:
NikiterZTS,Aug 17 2007, 12:36 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Aug 17 2007, 11:24 AM Wrote:I went to one of these when subaru was introducing the WRX and the new H6 engine.

[right][snapback]246961[/snapback][/right]
so is that something u can sign up for on the company site? :huh:
[right][snapback]246963[/snapback][/right]

It was advertised in the Ottawa Citizen, in their car section. Read the paper, and they ususally advertise those kind of things....I'm guessing they would advertise this on their websites also.
i drove the DTS as a rental week ago and i tell you , it had better gas millage then the focus.

doing 120km/h on a flat 401 section, gas millage was 5.0L per 100Km's i was shocked.
Does the DTS motor have any sort of cylinder deactivation technology on it? :huh:

NefCanuck
Maybe it was lying to you, bud. I had a 2007 Allure yesterday that was convinced it had 675KMs left after using over a 1/4 tank (23L to be exact) to travel 230KMs. :lol:

NikiterZTS,Aug 17 2007, 09:05 AM Wrote:where do u guys sign up for these events?
[right][snapback]246948[/snapback][/right]

im sure it was from one of those survey things to win a car at the auto show, thats the only way i think they got my information from
NefCanuck,Aug 17 2007, 07:33 PM Wrote:Does the DTS motor have any sort of cylinder deactivation technology on it? :huh:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]246970[/snapback][/right]

must have something like that, that was just me crusing at 120 steady speeds, it also had over all gas millage with was 12.0L per 100Km. i think that is still amazing mileage for a rental V8. i know lot of ppl would screw around with that car for sure.