FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Svt Clutch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looking at a clutch for an SVT... Ford and Centerforce have been Priced.... any others that have been tried by members?? both previous mentioned are backorder 2 weeks for the centerforce....

thanks
-Rich
Doesn't Exedy make a SVT-compatible clutch?
i like my spec!
Flofocus,Aug 16 2007, 12:57 PM Wrote:i like my spec!
[right][snapback]246887[/snapback][/right]

isn't spec like one of the best for mild modded cars?
NikiterZTS,Aug 16 2007, 02:35 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Aug 16 2007, 12:57 PM Wrote:i like my spec!
[right][snapback]246887[/snapback][/right]

isn't spec like one of the best for mild modded cars?
[right][snapback]246888[/snapback][/right]

Not sure, I just heard to many horror stories about centerforce, and bully was waaayyyyyy to exphensive for me. I think they wanted something like $1200 for a clutch. Cant remember off the top of my head.
my early build wrx comes stock with an exedy clutch. it is a bit of a pain in the mornings. it chatters during low rpm partial engagement until it warms up and also there is quite a bit of pedal effort needed. (you get used to it, and figure out how to be easy on the throttle when starting off until it warms up)

if my car didn't come like this, i can't imagine paying money to make a car like this, unless there was some more power that actually justified the hassle

if your SVT doesn't have FI of some sort I don't imagine you need anything other than another stock clutch?
naz,Aug 16 2007, 04:57 PM Wrote:my early build wrx comes stock with an exedy clutch.  it is a bit of a pain in the mornings.  it chatters during low rpm partial engagement until it warms up  and also there is quite a bit of pedal effort needed.  (you get used to it, and figure out how to be easy on the throttle when starting off until it warms up)

if my car didn't come like this, i can't imagine paying money to make a car like this, unless there was some more power that actually justified the hassle

if your SVT doesn't have FI of some sort I don't imagine you need anything other than another stock clutch?
[right][snapback]246899[/snapback][/right]

i've tried Sundown's svt with stage 2 clutch and it was pretty good
NikiterZTS,Aug 16 2007, 10:44 PM Wrote:i've tried Sundown's svt with stage 2 clutch and it was pretty good
[right][snapback]246901[/snapback][/right]

that's good info for the orig poster to know that clutch is streetable for sure

what i was trying to say basically is that 'higher performance' clutches have a tradeoff somewhere.. whether it is how it engages, how it behaves when cold, or how much you have to push the pedal. why bother going through those tradeoffs if the additional clamping power isn't needed anyway...

if the motor is making so much power that even a brand new stock clutch is slipping. then ok.. time for an 'upgraded' clutch.. if the clutch is slipping because it is old and worn out then i would say that is time for a 'replacement' clutch..

just my $.02
Thanks for all the info guys
naz,Aug 16 2007, 07:30 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Aug 16 2007, 10:44 PM Wrote:i've tried Sundown's svt with stage 2 clutch and it was pretty good
[right][snapback]246901[/snapback][/right]

that's good info for the orig poster to know that clutch is streetable for sure

what i was trying to say basically is that 'higher performance' clutches have a tradeoff somewhere.. whether it is how it engages, how it behaves when cold, or how much you have to push the pedal. why bother going through those tradeoffs if the additional clamping power isn't needed anyway...

if the motor is making so much power that even a brand new stock clutch is slipping. then ok.. time for an 'upgraded' clutch.. if the clutch is slipping because it is old and worn out then i would say that is time for a 'replacement' clutch..

just my $.02
[right][snapback]246906[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, since I changed my setup, the gear roll over noise is much more aparant than before, but clutch/pedal feel is very near stock.