FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Poor Car!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i just found out that my car may be a write off :( ... Monday night when i was comming home from work going through wasaga beach, i was rearended by someone in a Jeep YJ who didn't see that there was a lineup of cars stopped for somone making a left hand turn ... i tried to swirve to the right to get out of the way, but there wasn't enough time, or room on the side of the road for me to make a clean get away.

He ended up smashing into the back of me, which inturn sent me into the right rear of the SUV infront of me

So far the damage is, Front bumper, hood, Left Head light, Leftside mirror, left front fender, fender liner, washer bottle

Now, i just find out from a friend of mine who owns the bodyshop i took my car to, that the insurance appraiser might be writing my car off due to the damage in the rear that i completly missed when i went over the car and took pictures ... apperantly when i was hit hard from behind, it pushed up the hatch a bit so there is a gap near the glass and the rear quarter .. and both rear quarters have signs of dents/kinks in them

I'm waiting to hear from the appraiser tomorrow to find out what he is wanting to do ... i hope i'm not f***ed and without a car

[Image: LFdamage.jpg]
[Image: hooddamage.jpg]
Holy fawk man!

At least you're alright. I would have laid a serious beating on the moron that rear-ended you. :angry:
this is what i call a really bad day
Wow... truly sad... Hope your neck is ok !
Post more pics when you can. Before and after if possible.

I guess you might have to start shopping eh!
Cripes, at least you're okay but man, getting rear ended sucks, esp. when weather isn't a factor but driver stupidity is :(

If the ins. co. is the least bit iffy about fixing the car, start nosing around now for a replacement, just to save yourself more delay later when the ins. co. says "start shopping"...

NefCanuck
Are your wheels going up for sale? Suxs to hear that man. What will you get if it does go to the crusher? Another foci or something nicer. Volvo C30 maybe?
glad you are ok. hope you get a great insurance settlement and a nice car out of this!

a friend of mine got rear ended in a '05 92-x aero with 37k miles. he got paid out $19k and purchased a '05 92-x aero with 4k miles, hids and leather (which his old car did not have) for 18k. that was the sweetest deal ever!!
Focus man, Focus.,Aug 15 2007, 07:59 PM Wrote:Are your wheels going up for sale?  Suxs to hear that man.  What will you get if it does go to the crusher?  Another foci or something nicer.  Volvo C30 maybe?
[right][snapback]246829[/snapback][/right]

way to call DIBS Kev :lol: :lol:
Glad to see you're in one piece man.
from what i've been told, the insurance company is probably leaning towards a write off .. but i hope they don't .. so for now i'm just searching the auto trader to find out the prices of foci's with the same miliage as me so i can put in a decent counter-offer after they give me there piece of crap offer

I'd like to get another focus if it comes down to that, a white one .. but if i don't, then i'll be selling everything that was on my car and that i haven't had a chance to install yet

I also might be in need of some stock parts to replace the parts i have to change if the insurance company makes me
^^is there anyway u can name the parts that u can be selling?...........everything
nah, i don't feel like typing it all out right now .. i'll do it if it comes to that
well I have a washer bottle... and rims if you need them Schade. umm yeah from the damage and year of your car they just might wright it off.
Insdurance companies are wonky like that... did any of your airbags go off? If so I would defiately say they would lean twoards writing the car off...

Good thinking on sourcing out prices for like cars. I'm sure you're searching local Ford dealer lots to see what they have similar to yours (Ford lots would net you the highest prices) but if you need another pair of eyes looking...

Man, I still remember laughing all the way to the bank after my crack up in '99 because the ins. co. ended up giving me more than I had paid for the car I was driving at the time (the accident hapened 4 months after I bought it) it was written off so I didn't end up owing a dime after it was all said & done.

NefCanuck
I hope i'm as lucky as you were nef

... no the airbags didn't go off, which is good, and bad seeing as i did get rearended pretty hard
See if you can buy back the "wreck" if they write it off

you might be able to get it for like $500 then use all the reusable pieces