FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dealership Woes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A co-worker of mine has a 2007 Explorer Sport-Trac, and of the summer, she had the ABS light go on. So, she took it to the dealer, had the mechanics look at it and she was told that the part had to be ordered, and it would take a few days. The Service Advisor told her until the part came in, she could drive the vehicle without worry. So, on the way home, she lost the brakes and to use some driving skills to stop without killing anyone. Is there anything she can do, without using a lawyer?

She has also had a few other issues with the vehicle and is being treated like a woman when she takes it in. Her husband is using Ford as a curse word in conversations.
Did she hit anything, or suffer any loss? Then I would say no. The court system generally doesn't award based on what might have happened.

But I would take my business elsewhere.
Your friend is missing the point here.

This is a dealership issue...........not a Ford issue.

Take it up with Ford by calling the customer care line and then call the dealer and ask to speak with the dealer principle (owner). I guarantee he/she will be livid.
meford4u,Aug 15 2007, 08:48 AM Wrote:Your friend is missing the point here.

This is a dealership issue...........not a Ford issue.

Take it up with Ford by calling the customer care line and then call the dealer and ask to speak with the dealer principle (owner).  I guarantee he/she will be livid.
[right][snapback]246739[/snapback][/right]

Funny

Quote:But I would take my business elsewhere.

Agreed!
I agree. It’s a dealership problem.
Speak with who runs that department and let them know that what happened is completely unacceptable and I would probably question the competence of the mechanic that looked at the vehicle.

If they won’t do anything ask for the phone number of the regional manager. All dealerships answer to some one who looks at fords better interests.
I'd take it up with the service manager of the department, and failing that the owner. There's no need for something like that to go unchecked.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 15 2007, 11:32 AM Wrote:I'd take it up with the service manager of the department, and failing that the owner. There's no need for something like that to go unchecked.
[right][snapback]246766[/snapback][/right]

I would agree with this, a long with call to Ford's Quality Care Call Centre to register the complaint.