FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtb: Ford Focus Zx4 Se St
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hehe, well i guess i might as well ask and hope maybe any of u out there could help me out if u hear or see one:

I want to buy a RED zx4 ST (2005, 2006 or even 07) used or new. Please hook me up if u know anyone selling one.

cornflakes,Aug 13 2007, 10:18 PM Wrote:hehe, well i guess i might as well ask and hope maybe any of u out there could help me out if u hear or see one:

I want to buy a RED zx4 ST (2005, 2006 or even 07) used or new.  Please hook me up if u know anyone selling one.
[right][snapback]246650[/snapback][/right]

I saw a Red 2005 ST in autotrader. It was for sale at the Barrie Ford Dealership.
Grey '07 (new) at my buddie's dealership in Cambridge. I get special pricing and special treatment there ... I can hook you up if you want.

cornflakes,Aug 13 2007, 10:18 PM Wrote:hehe, well i guess i might as well ask and hope maybe any of u out there could help me out if u hear or see one:

I want to buy a RED zx4 ST (2005, 2006 or even 07) used or new.  Please hook me up if u know anyone selling one.
thanks so much for ur referrals! I'll check out the one in the barrie ford.

I've been doing tons of searching and found a couple of zx4's (but not ST *sigh*) 2006.

keep em coming!
ZTWsquared,Aug 13 2007, 10:02 PM Wrote:Grey '07 (new) at my buddie's dealership in Cambridge. I get special pricing and special treatment there ... I can hook you up if you want.

[right][snapback]246653[/snapback][/right]

sorry when u say "grey" did u mean Silver? I don't think there is a grey focus for 07 ?
2005 FORD FOCUS 4D SEDAN ZX4 ST 4G/5 68,715 BLACK 1FAFP38Z55W136418

2005 FORD FOCUS ZX4 ST 4DR 2.3L I4 5spd 49602 K BLACK 1FAFP38Z45W156756

Are you looking for 5spd or auto? both are 5 spd. cant find red yet, but it shouldnt be that hard.

i can get you anything you want, just might take some time finding the right one :)
mo_focus,Aug 14 2007, 06:45 AM Wrote:2005 FORD FOCUS 4D SEDAN ZX4 ST 4G/5  68,715 BLACK 1FAFP38Z55W136418

Are you looking for 5spd or auto? both are 5 spd. cant find red yet, but it shouldnt be that hard.

i can get you anything you want, just might take some time finding the right one :)
[right][snapback]246659[/snapback][/right]

ST's have an optional AUTO?
Liquid Grey Clearcoat Metallic ... almost charcoal ... same as Nik's IIRC ... very nice.

cornflakes,Aug 13 2007, 11:57 PM Wrote:
ZTWsquared,Aug 13 2007, 10:02 PM Wrote:Grey '07 (new) at my buddie's dealership in Cambridge. I get special pricing and special treatment there ... I can hook you up if you want.

[right][snapback]246653[/snapback][/right]

sorry when u say "grey" did u mean Silver? I don't think there is a grey focus for 07 ?
[right][snapback]246655[/snapback][/right]
There are a few new ST's at Mont-Bleu Ford in Gatineau and one of them is Red.
I think there is also a black and a Liquid Grey.

ST is only avail. in 5spd.
Oscar The Grouch,Aug 14 2007, 11:29 AM Wrote:
mo_focus,Aug 14 2007, 06:45 AM Wrote:2005 FORD FOCUS 4D SEDAN ZX4 ST 4G/5  68,715 BLACK 1FAFP38Z55W136418

[right][snapback]246659[/snapback][/right]

ST's have an optional AUTO?
[right][snapback]246661[/snapback][/right]

ohh ok, i wasnt sure. So i guess they just have the 2.3L 5spd option.
ok hey guys, so i spent most of the day calling dealerships and ford etc and now im getting really confused.

so the zx4 ST model does not and cannot have the GFX kit installed on it from what i hear. THe ST model has a slightly different rear bumper (its the smooth black fascia and not the air diffuser (rigid grooves))?? Also the ST doesn't have the higher spoiler but the low profile spoiler.

So only the SE sedan comes in the GFX package (the higher spoiler with the rigid air diffuser rear bumper)?

To me, it doesn't matter if it is auto or manual, i can drive em both. What i was basically looking for was the options and features of the ST model WITH a GFX body kit on it.

But it sounds like there's no such thing. You can only get the ST in its standard sporty trim (looks almost like the gfx) or get the SE model with the GFX.

so this pic is the ST front (not gfx)

[Image: stockfrontleftwebid4.th.jpg]

and this is the rear (not gfx)

[Image: stockrearleftwebme0.th.jpg]

but this IS the GFX rear but not an ST

[Image: 2630focus2amedbz4.th.jpg]

and this IS the GFX front (same color matching grill, side markings and same color door handles and mirrors)

[Image: 5254picture003ialr6.th.jpg]

so isn't there any way to find an ST with the gfx kit on it or do I need to settle for an SE with GFX?

That's Ford in their perpetual Brilliance....put body kits on the lower models to help increase sales, but leave the "performance" model looking a lot more plain. Unless they went for the whole sleeper thing on the ST, that would kind of make sense.

If I were you, and you were serious about buying an ST brand new, you can likely get a dealership to acquire and install a GFX front facia and spoiler and have them installed on your car at the dealership. This would pend a purchase committment from you you, and a down payment, etc etc. Some dealerships might do this (maybe like Polito Ford Lincoln) as I know some will get a 3D Carbon bodykit installed and warrantied by Ford on new Fusions (there is some kinda partnership thingy). I would tell them that you will absolutely buy an ST, and put money on it, but won't sign any paperwork/contract to buy the car, unless they put the GFX package on it. That's the deal maker/breaker for you. Some people want alternate tires or rims installed or tints done, or other stuff as stipulations to buying a new car...the bodykit is yours...

Hope that this idea will help.
the silver one in your pictures is a 2005 and the red one is either a 06 or 07, in canada if you buy the st you can only get it with the gfx package there is sap#1 and sap#2 one is with the bigger spoiler and one is with the smaller spolier ford doesnt knowwhat they are talking baout your they mis unterstood your question i have a red 2007 ford focus st 5 speed sap with the smaller spolier(my opinion keeps the car more cleaner and low profile) so 05 you couldnt get the gfx but 06 and 07 its mandatory with the st
You can get the GFX package on the ST but it has to be ORDERED that way. Very few dealers order the bookshelf wings for lot stock because not a lot of people like them.
Okay guys... enough with all this ST and GFX.

Have a look at my car, this is exactly what a CANADIAN ST looks like... PERIOD.

[Image: photo097copylt7.jpg]

[Image: photo544rf8.jpg]

The ONLY option I took was leather/suede seats.

If you want me to scan my window sticker, I will!

And as someone has said, the silver one you posted is a 2005 ST which came like that (no GFX that year) and the first red one is a SES with GFX and the last red one is a 2006-2007 ST with SAP#1 (which is the only option in CANADA. The US can get the ST with SAP#2 which has the rally style spoiler (not avail. on Canadian Focus ST).
heyyy....so u mean the 07 ST comes with the GFX kit on it now? and your rear bumper has the air diffuser with the rigid grooves (which is what i want) and not the flat smooth black.

is this correct?

the problem im all confused now is this: i called a dealership here in TO and they told me they tracked down a red ST 07 but they can't tell me where it is. So there's no way for me to actually see the car unless i tell them im buying it before i see it....then they can buy it off that other dealership (wherever it is).

The thing is, i need to know from them if this ST is the exact same (Front and rear bumper) as yours. The low profile spoiler i can live with.....i could always buy the high spoiler at a later time and install it easily (the bumpers don't install easily).

btw, nice ride....

Gravter,Aug 14 2007, 06:54 PM Wrote:Okay guys... enough with all this ST and GFX.

Have a look at my car, this is exactly what a CANADIAN ST looks like... PERIOD.

[Image: photo097copylt7.jpg]

[Image: photo544rf8.jpg]

The ONLY option I took was leather/suede seats.

If you want me to scan my window sticker, I will!

And as someone has said, the silver one you posted is a 2005 ST which came like that (no GFX that year) and the first red one is a SES with GFX and the last red one is a 2006-2007 ST with SAP#1 (which is the only option in CANADA.  The US can get the ST with SAP#2 which has the rally style spoiler (not avail. on Canadian Focus ST).
[right][snapback]246705[/snapback][/right]
They had a red ST at Heritage a few months back GFX and Tall spoiler 2.3 engine when I brought by SVT he was trying to convinve me that it was the new SVT. I wasnt looking to buy just browsing for a friend, but a really nice looking car
David
NoiSeeVT,Aug 15 2007, 08:33 AM Wrote:They had a red ST at Heritage a few months back GFX and Tall spoiler 2.3 ...
[right][snapback]246736[/snapback][/right]

With tall spoiler??? It must have been a US version.
I have the Canadian Ford Focus brochure and it clearly states that the ST only comes dressed like mine. The US have the option to get the rally style spoiler, but for some idiotic reason, we don't!
It looks like what was on the Colbalt SS. You have to pay an extra $384 for the spoiler and then the you have to also pay for the GFX package which is $2117.

David
Here is the Ford Quote from Ford.ca

Quote:2007 Focus ST - ST 4dr Sedan Date: August 15, 2007

†Base MSRP $20,099

Selected Equipment
Leather Preferred Suede-Trimmed Sport Bucket Seats
$860
Radio: AM/FM 6-Disc In-Dash CD w/Audiophile System
$200
Duplicate Audio Controls on Steering Column
$0
Canadian Winter Package Plus