FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Idea?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a thought by my son the computer geek.

Convert Focus tail lights to LED's
you know with alot of work I think it would look pretty good .
zx5power,Aug 13 2007, 09:39 AM Wrote:you know with alot of work I think it would look pretty good .
[right][snapback]246562[/snapback][/right]

or you can go buy them. :lol: :P
Flofocus,Aug 13 2007, 09:40 AM Wrote:
zx5power,Aug 13 2007, 09:39 AM Wrote:you know with alot of work I think it would look pretty good .

[right][snapback]246563[/snapback][/right]

thats also very true lol
Flofocus,Aug 13 2007, 09:40 AM Wrote:

Where?
Flofocus,Aug 13 2007, 08:40 AM Wrote:

he's got a C-dan there big man

i've only seen led ones for a hatch :ph34r:
haha
ok good point thats what he gets for driving a C dan lmao j/k
i really like the ones they have on Caddilacs, STS i think? da C-dan ones
zx5power,Aug 13 2007, 10:36 AM Wrote:ok good point thats what he gets for driving a C dan lmao j/k
[right][snapback]246575[/snapback][/right]

In a CDan, your able to fit a wheelchair in the trunk and beer cases, and have people in the back seats. With the seats up, the CDan has more usable storage space, in my humble opinion. :o
remove the hatch cover ,,,you cant honestly be trying to claim the Cdan has more room than hatch ?
zx5power,Aug 13 2007, 11:30 AM Wrote:remove the hatch cover ,,,you cant honestly be trying to claim the Cdan has more room than hatch ?
[right][snapback]246581[/snapback][/right]
Wheelchair lies flat in the trunk. Doesn't really matter though, they both have the same amount of get up and go, they just look different.
thats true ... :P far as the tails go be original and try it ...
you can buy the LED bulbs for your tail lights but if your Sedan has 2 stage tail lights the signel might flash fast, making it seem like you have a bulb burnt out.

if you are wanting something different without the LEDs I recommend these:

[Image: 000_0286.jpg]

OEM European, they look better and are 2X as bright as stock American Lights.
i've thought about this for a while now ( i used to be a hardcore comp geek). LEDs are dirt cheap, problem is with the car being 12v, there may be the need to use a resistor, keep in mind if i did it, i'd be doing all the wiring myself. this brings up an interesting idea... :lol:
not "may need" resistor..
main purpose of using is to limit current flow..
led pulls tiny little bit of current..
but too much current flow to led will pop or shot right at ya..

current drops, voltage drops..

whether in series or parallel connection, you must use resistor.

sure there is 12v led but they don't look any pretty, resistor is like 1 cent per 1 resistor..put resistor and protect.
Check over on FJ. There's a guy that i think is actually from the stratford area that is working on a set of homemade LED tail lights for a hatch. Might be a good place to start. Some of the other LED stuff he's made for his car is pretty nice looking.

I think his screen name is Wungun or something to that affect.
^^ya he's on here as well.......he's got a phat focus yO!

and don't they alread sell those led looking alike tails for a hatch?
there is lots different led tails over uk, not here..
there was 1 but it is discontinued or something..