FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ottawa Area Dyno Runs...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Location: Tapp Auto, Ottawa Tim Hortons, St-Raymond Blvd. Gatineau (Hull)
Date: September 8th August 31st (yes, it's a Friday)
Time: TBA In the morning would be best for me (9 or 10 ish?) 3 PM

I still have to call them up and make sure they have open slots on that day.
I just wanted to get some feedback from you guys before calling.
Reason for it to be a Friday is because on Saturday you need minimum 10 cars, so the chance to get 10 of us there is kinda slim.

They seem to be more into Import cars for tunning but I don't want tunning, just some dyno runs.
For 80$ (+ tax i guess), you get 3 runs. --> 65+taxes
So, who's up for it?

1 - Gravter (Focus)
2 - Drivesthebeast (Mustang GT)
3 - ZX3guy2000 (Focus)
4 - NOS2Go4Me (Focus)
5 - 02_svt_guy (Focus)
6 - coolsvt
7 - Oscar The Grouch (maybe)
8 - ZX5chica (Focus)
9 - 1995 3.8L Mustang
10 - 1983 5.0L Mustang GT

Spectator

1 - Flofocus ?
Tapp auto actually specializes in euro's and exotics now more then anything
there actually turning honduhs and tuners away

no time for me so i have no time for them.
put me down for 'maybe.'
I'll say maybe as well till I check with Sara and to make sure I can get that day off. I might take that day and the remainder of the following week for vacation actually.

It'll be a long slog back Friday night cause I have a car show to help run in North Bay the following morning!
I'm going to be working 7:30 - 3:30pm so I'm a no go.....
Hmmm.....would they let a stock Pony spin the rollers?
^ Why wouldn't they?
I'll be calling them this week to get all the info.
Stay tuned
Well, I just called and spoke with Chris.
He usually only books one in the moring and one in the afternoon unless it is a group "thing" as he said.
There is already one booked for the morning, but said he could do mine at 10:00am. But probably not another untill pm.
I guess doing a group thing on a Saturday would have been better, but as I said before, we would need to be 10 cars.
So, if you guys wanna call them, here's the # 613.225.8780
I just want to get a baseline before I start doing any modding, especialy if I end up getting my turbo :)

Cheers

Terry
Yeah, that rules me out cause I have a car show to help run that Saturday.

What is he going to charge for the afternoon run?
3 pulls is 80$ with printout.
Hey, I was wondering....what if I got some of the folks from Mustangcanada.com to come to this thing? Some of them live in the Ottawa/Gatineau area, as well as out in the Valley like me....some of them will have S197's like me, who also wanna baseline their cars before mods and tuning...

If a small number of them could/wanted to attend, do you wanna make a joint FC and MC East Ontario Meet happen?

I think that could be pretty cool...
I'm going to pass I think unless you guys can arrange a Saturday meet. As cool as it is to get together and hang for a while, 4 hours each way is just too killer for an afternoon of dyno pulls for me.
The only weekend I would be able to go to would be Sept. 8 or 15... I think.
hey, I don't mind at all if it's not only Focis there. I did own 2 stangs in the past.
Unless someone would rather go to Luskville Dragway on a Saturday?
A dyno run would be best though, since you get actual numbers in a controlled environment.
If you guys want to make this dyno happen on a Saturday, we must have 10 cars.
I'm trying to get some interest/momentum going with this idea with the guys and gals from Mustangcanada...

So far, at least one or two people seem interested, I'm waiting longer to get feedback from some of the other people that aren't online as often still.

It'd be awesome if we could get at least 5 Foci and 5 Stangs there...and we might just be able to as well...

Do you have the address, timing, etc figured out yet, that is, if we get enough people to commit to this thing? I mean, 80 bux for 3 pulls and a printout...sounds like a deal to me, and by then, I'll be ready to do another oilchange on the car anyways...

L8tz
I'd be in on the 8th of September !!!!
If it's a Saturday, I figure we're in. :)

Pencil me in if it's in September.
I will call on Monday the 20th to see if Saturday the 8th is available.
Saty tuned...
Alright, sounds good...

Can I get an idea as to number of people that would be interested?

Might entice the mustang folks some more if they know there will actually be attendees for something like this...

L8tz
Okay guys... and gals ;) here the latest info...

September 8 is open to us if we can get a minimum of 10 cars paid in advance @ 65$ (+taxes). (regular is 80$ + taxes!!!)
I'm not sure what would be the best way to handle the $$$, so if you got an idea, please share it here.
I will need to know exactly who is coming and has paid before August 28.
He asked for 2 weeks notice... which would be this Saturday the 25th... so actually a few days more to help us get 10 cars together.

I will edit my first post which will be updated as I get confirmation of people coming.

P.S. If anyone is wanting wideband hookup, it will only be possible with AEM widebands!
But he said he usually does not do any widebands on group dyno days!
I just reposted this on Mustangcanada.com in about 3 different locations...I will let them know that the price would be reduced, etc etc etc.

I want to baseline my car anyways, and even at $80 it's worth it.

Count me in for now B)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6