FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Moving A Dead Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to move a non-running car from Huntsville to North York. It's a brute of a car, Auto RWD, I'd rather not tow it from the back on the front wheels just seems unsafe all that way.
Anyways, just wondering if anyone has access to a truck and trailer or flatbed truck that is free this weekend.
The current going rates are approx $3/km, average estimate has been 220km, looking to spend less than that.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy
Join CAA + ... IIRC you get a couple of free tows of up to 200km

j3rt,Aug 8 2007, 09:55 PM Wrote:I need to move a non-running car from Huntsville to North York.  It's a brute of a car, Auto RWD, I'd rather not tow it from the back on the front wheels just seems unsafe all that way.
Anyways, just wondering if anyone has access to a truck and trailer or flatbed truck that is free this weekend.
The current going rates are approx $3/km, average estimate has been 220km, looking to spend less than that.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy
[right][snapback]246163[/snapback][/right]
Here's what you do.

#1. Remove the driveshaft on the towed car.

#2. Rent a car dolley that is hitched.

#3. Borrow a truck (rent whatever).
ZTWsquared,Aug 8 2007, 09:35 PM Wrote:Join CAA + ... IIRC you get a couple of free tows of up to 200km

Best deal for a dead car.