FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: What Store Can I Pick This Up?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well as i did my research and found out that if i wanna put Contour valve cover on my zetec head this is what happenes....Contour or Zetec valve cover bolts won't work in this combo
So one member on FF.com said these are the bolts that i need in order to acomplish this mission

"made by: Dorman
Hex Flanged Car Screws
M6-1,0
x 30 mm
the box comes in 4 so your going to need 3!!!! to make 10. go get it at Autozone or Advance Autoparts"

So i know we don't have Autozone or Advance Autoparts around here......so where should i be heading tomorrow to get screwes like that? Any idea at all?

unless that member was wrong and stock zetec or contour bolts would work fine.....let me know guys

thanks and laterz
I live within a mile of both places.

If you need them and can wait, let me know, and I'll go see if I can get them for Saturday.
torradan,Aug 8 2007, 08:21 PM Wrote:I live within a mile of both places.

If you need them and can wait, let me know, and I'll go see if I can get them for Saturday.
[right][snapback]246160[/snapback][/right]

oh buddy that would be awesome.......
if u end up getting them shoot me a PM of how much i own ya....

tomorrow im gonna go to a junk yard and see if stock contour bolts would work...but i think im gonna grab those of u anyways...since they are new
I'll go after work tomorrow and see what I can find.

If that fails, my brother's father-in-law owns a nut & bolt business. He should have them.
umm.. these are actually BOLTS, correct?
What he means is ...

Hex flanged head cap screw
6mm thread by 1.0 thread pitch (course thread) x 30mm long.

Probably only available in high tensile class 10.9, overkill for the application (be careful not to overtorque) ... basically looks like a regular bolt with an attached washer.

It's been 20+ years since I was in that business ... amazing what the deep recesses of the brain can remember.

Edit: doesn't have to be Dorman ... they're just one of dozens of manufacturers that make this product ... Paulin is a Cdn company that makes them and you might even find it at HD.

torradan,Aug 8 2007, 09:56 PM Wrote:umm.. these are actually BOLTS, correct?
[right][snapback]246164[/snapback][/right]
^^couldn't say it better

HD= Home Depot?
Yes ... but just guessing ... check out the specialty fasteners in those pull out plastic bins in the hardware section

NikiterZTS,Aug 8 2007, 11:24 PM Wrote:^^couldn't say it better

HD= Home Depot?
[right][snapback]246174[/snapback][/right]
I know for a fact you can get those bolts at home hard ware... or TSC for you rednecks like me :)...
try brafasco or fastenal ... they'll have it forsure

theres 2 brafasco locations in k-w
i live in markham now
theres one there aswell .. and i actually know the location of that one ... 404 and steels area, on victoria park avenue i believe
See what you can see Nik. If you can't find them anywhere and need me to get them, drop me a PM or send me a message on facebook or something.
Do you still need the washers and grommets from the stock contour valve cover if you get these bolts nik?
ok so i just got back from Brafasco(thanks alot to Shade for pointing out the store), they had them bolts in stock.....they also gave me washers and yes i believe you still need to use stocl grommets from contour valve cover.....

p.s. tonight im suppose to pick up the valve cover after such a long time...and i hope to install it tonight as well....at the latest tomorrow....

so many bolts so little time
so i installed the valve cover tonight....bolts worked great! so thanks alot to you guys for help.
won't show you what it looks like now....but it looks HAWT, thats why im gonna pop it at the BBQ......for real i love the way it looks in my engine bay with the color matched strut bar....