FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Shopping Around For 07 Focus
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys, so things are heating up and i might be selling my 04 zts sedan to get an 07 focus sedan (se or st??).

i went to the site and did the quote thingy with all the options set,

the SE with GFX came out to about 20k
the ST came out to about 21k

what i want is the GFX on the car so i guess if i buy the ST and then want GFX on it, it'll cost me more than 21k right?

What would you recommend? The SE has much better fuel economy. I'll be getting my own 17" inch wheels to replace the 15" stock on SE models.

My 04 zts is still under financing (60 month but only 24 month is left on it). It's got just under 62k and accident free. I think selling private is the best way to go here.
First of all, when you compare the SE to the ST model remember that the ST comes with the bigger 2.3L and 5 speed manual only. The SE can be had with the auto or manual (though at this point I don't know about the availability of either transmission)

Yeah if you want the GFX package installed on the ST you'd have to get the dealer to do that because IIRC you can't get the GFX package on the ST (The GFX for example comes with 15" wheels, the ST comes standard with 16" wheels)

Regarding selling your '04, yeah private sale is your best bet, but you have to figure in the cost of getting it certified & e-tested, because without those two things, you'll getting hosed even worse.

NefCanuck
I have an '07 ST and it does come with the front GFX bumper, but regaular rear Spoiler.
It also has the chrome exhaust tip and rear diffuser.
ST has 16" rims, but you can sell them for sure if your realy wanting 17".
My ST cost me about 20,500 before taxes and 0% financing for 60 months.
The only option I took was the leather/suede seats.
I've had it since december and have about 17k Km on it already :)
I like it alot.
Don't forget, if you trade-in, you save some taxes, but not that much.
If you want the best performance option for the Focus, get the ST. If you're not as concerned about going fast or you require an auto for whatever reason, get the SE or preferably the SES.

And, what's even more important here is that you should haggle them down. That price for the SE with the GFX is WAY too high for what you get in the SE package.
What are your priorities? The difference in price is a lot more substantial if you don't load up the SE.

Bear in mind also that dealers can no longer order 07 Focus ... you will be able to select only from what's in stock or what's in the dealer pipeline and your available choice gets smaller every day.

SE Sedan GFX no options = 16,701 incl. air tax and delivery
ST no options = 19,583 incl. air tax and delivery

Diff = 2,882 or $50 per month for 60 months.

Also: 0% financing is only up to 36 months - 60 month = 1.9%

If I was in the sedan market, personally I'd go for the ST ... for the 2.3, the better suspension, the Canadian Winter Package plus, the nicer trim, the power options, and IMO the rear spoiler is a lot nicer. The availability of leather and moonroof also floats my boat.

If it's the GFX look you're going for and you'll be putting 17s on and payments are a consideration - the SE would probably be the way to go; however ... loading up an SE makes no sense IMO - if you want the goodies go with the ST.

And BTW ... be prepared for the possibility that you owe more on your ZTS than what it's worth ... unfortunately even after 36 months this could still be possible.

cornflakes,Aug 5 2007, 08:39 PM Wrote:hey guys, so things are heating up and i might be selling my 04 zts sedan to get an 07 focus sedan (se or st??).

i went to the site and did the quote thingy with all the options set,

the SE with GFX came out to about 20k
the ST came out to about 21k

what i want is the GFX on the car so i guess if i buy the ST and then want GFX on it, it'll cost me more than 21k right?

What would you recommend?  The SE has much better fuel economy.  I'll be getting my own 17" inch wheels to replace the 15" stock on SE models.

My 04 zts is still under financing (60 month but only 24 month is left on it).  It's got just under 62k and accident free.   I think selling private is the best way to go here.
[right][snapback]245798[/snapback][/right]
I got $6500 for my trade in on my ZX3, which was about $750 more than what I had left owing on it. I also got to remove the 17's, and the stereo, and sell that stuff privately. Luckily, that stuff sold to local people, and I didn't do so bad afterall. Personally, I would look for an ST, no if's/ands/but's about it. The stock suspension is like night and day compared to the regular sedans, the exhaust looks and sounds like an MBRP, the engine has lots of torque, and responds to aftermarket mods with ease. With that engine and the Cosworth stuff from FS, you can have anywhere from 150-200+hp NA in it. I think the SE and SES look silly with the GFX package, since ford decided to put 00-03 15" SE rims on them, and left the stock ride height which looks like a 4x4.

Anyways, see what dealers will give you on a trade in first, and then decide if you want to go that route, or sell private, and then go put a hefty down payment on an 07.

Good luck...
FYI, the D-power kits are discontinued, so your Cosworth offerings are piecemeal: TB, intake manifold, CAI, header, cams. No flex, no tuning (not that you'd want it, SCT is far superior), no pistons/internals.
Yah I would say go with the ST, its got a lot more bang for the buck. Everything mentioned before plus rear dicks and the 6 pack cd player, also for $200 there is the Sony sub,speaker and amp combo that sounds good. Even though the St is only 15hp more you will notice the 21tq a lot on the highway.
Canadian ST,Aug 6 2007, 01:00 PM Wrote:Yah I would say go with the ST, its got a lot more bang for the buck. Everything mentioned before plus rear dicks and the 6 pack cd player, also for $200 there is the Sony sub,speaker and amp combo that sounds good. Even though the St is only 15hp more you will notice the 21tq a lot on the highway.
[right][snapback]245856[/snapback][/right]

The gear ratios are more agressive too...that's why the ST outpaces the Mazda3 in nearly every way, and they both have the same engine and tranny...
between those two options i'd definitely get the ST. it is a lot easier and cheaper to bolt on some side skirts, change the wing and get new wheels to get the ST how you want it to look, as oppose to trying to mod the SE or SES have performance similar to a stock ST
sounds all good.....but what about the ST with poorer gas mileage compared to the SE? Not to mention they only offer the ST in manual and not auto. I'm an auto driver so i would have to learn how to ride a manual if i really wanted a manual.

...now i just need to find a dealer that has a red ST in stock.
cornflakes,Aug 11 2007, 08:22 PM Wrote:...now i just need to find a dealer that has a red ST in stock.
[right][snapback]246460[/snapback][/right]

I found one at my local dealer using the Ford inventory search program.

http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dealers/m...0127&modelId=15

It's kinda far from you, but just wanted to show you how to search dealer inventories!
BTW, the ST I have is averaging 32-33 MPG. My best has been 36 MPG.
hey i am trying to click the link but it won't load....

can i get the GFX package on the ST with sporty spoiler and not the low profile spoiler?

Unfortunately not from the factory ... if you're lucky the attachment points are the same in which case you could simply buy the spoiler you want and re and re.

cornflakes,Aug 12 2007, 03:00 PM Wrote:hey i am trying to click the link but it won't load....

can i get the GFX package on the ST with sporty spoiler and not the low profile spoiler?
[right][snapback]246503[/snapback][/right]
Oups, the link is good on my pc because of my cookies and cache.
Try here and run a search near you instead:

http://www.ford.ca/main/default.asp?lang...section=42

hope it works.