FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Focus St
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well today I had to take my 07 St to the dealership for a oil change and minor warranty work and I was given a 07 focus station wagon (se)
Well I already miss my car to much! As much as I complained about the little things (like the ride height of the 06,07 models) lack of moderate lowering springs(less then an inch). The ST and the SE are two different cars completely. The biggest difference in the lack of get up and go, well its an out and a station wagon, I know the 5 speed is better. The suspension is very soft probably helped out by the 65 series tires. Well I don't want to go on to much and offend people its just night and day with these cars. I can say though I love the fact that I can fit alot of stuff in the back (had to by deck boards) Oh ya does the roof rack from the station wagon fit on the sedan??
The ST is simply great. I love mine too.
What kind of waranty work are you having done on it?
The heater control on mine wasn't properly installed at the factory and I had rear driver door handle problems which have all been fixed ;)
as for the rack, I have no idea. Isn't the roof rack the full lenght of the roof? If so, I'd have to say no.
I doubt the roof rack will fit, plus there's threaded plugs in the roof to attach the rails. You'd be pulling the headliner down to secure the rails. Sure it could be done if they fit lengthwise, there are less costly options I guessing though.
Gravter,Aug 3 2007, 11:09 AM Wrote:Well the warenty work is
1) the trim on the trunk is almost off
2)the rear diffuser insert is missing a clip
3) the carpet is loose around the door jam.
the rack dosnt go all the way but your wright its probably to long.

I gotta say I love the suspension an my St, not to stiff just nice.

The ST is simply great.  I love mine too.
What kind of waranty work are you having done on it?
The heater control on mine wasn't properly installed at the factory and I had rear driver door handle problems which have all been fixed ;)
as for the rack, I have no idea.  Isn't the roof rack the full lenght of the roof? If so, I'd have to say no.
[right][snapback]245611[/snapback][/right]
Canadian ST,Aug 3 2007, 11:02 AM Wrote:Well today I had to take my 07 St to the dealership for a oil change and minor warranty work and I was given a 07 focus station wagon (se)
Well I already miss my car to much! As much as I complained about the little things (like the ride height of the 06,07 models) lack of moderate lowering springs(less then an inch). The ST and the SE are two different cars completely. The biggest difference in the lack of get up and go, well its an out and a station wagon, I know the 5 speed is better. The suspension is very soft probably helped out by the 65 series tires. Well I don't want to go on to much and offend people its just night and day with these cars. I can say though I love the fact that I can fit alot of stuff in the back (had to by deck boards) Oh ya does the roof rack from the station wagon fit on the sedan??
[right][snapback]245609[/snapback][/right]
The ST is the "hot rod", your rental is the basic wagon. Now you know why we're all modifying them. :lol: Save a few bucks and go get a used wagon, for hauling stuff around. :lol:
I had a 2006 rental SE wagon the other week for oh... 30 minutes :lol: I gave it back and told them to smarten up.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 3 2007, 11:29 AM Wrote:I had a 2006 rental SE wagon the other week for oh... 30 minutes :lol: I gave it back and told them to smarten up.
[right][snapback]245623[/snapback][/right]

Worst rental ever. Another blow to Enterp.
Yeah anything lower than the SES trim level and the Focus just whispers "cheap car" (The S model screams it through a megaphone :P)

Makes me glad in a way that I can't drive a rental if heaven forbid they have to keep my car overnight for any work... I'd probably be crying as I drove it :ph34r:

NefCanuck
I honestly didn't mind it (even lacking cruise it was fine) till I got it up to 100 and the steering wheel started doing the macarena! :angry: and the brakes weren't any better either :angry:

At 140, it would likely rip a hole in the space/time continuum and deposit me in Arkansas. :lol:
No the wagon roof rack will not fit on the sedan, and I know what you mwan about the focus wagon as I had one for a month a while ago and I liked and hated it at the same time. I liked how versitle it was, and hated how basic it was, and the only 3 options in the wagon I had as a rental were a/c, Remote Entry, and Auto.
Ok so no roof rack, thanks. :)
This wagon has only a/c and auto, not even keyless entry. I wish it was standard, I cant even chirp the tires. But I do like the fact I can just through s*** in the back. I think they need the wagon with the 2.3, stick and a SVT type suspension, oh ya better seats.

Frost__2001,Aug 3 2007, 02:07 PM Wrote:No the wagon roof rack will not fit on the sedan, and I know what you mwan about the focus wagon as I had one for a month a while ago and I liked and hated it at the same time. I liked how versitle it was, and hated how basic it was, and the only 3 options in the wagon I had as a rental were a/c, Remote Entry, and Auto.
[right][snapback]245654[/snapback][/right]
Well I got my car back tonight :) Thanks Gemini for fixing my car so fast :D
Wow what a difference the two cars were.