FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: New Stuff Arrived
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So, even tho I PAID for the stuff to ship DHL expedited, it arrived via UPS air. Weird. I'll be taking that up with FS today.

Anyways, on to a slightly-boring shot of the goodies:

[Image: th_DSC_0009.jpg]

I'll be installing the intake tonight. The car's still out getting the tint done! :D

As for the XCal2, I've gotta drain the tank first :ph34r:
Cool goodies man.! My friends cousin has a set close to yours and its amazing. When the exhaust and the CAI are together its like a all new car. The XCal....wow...power.
UPS fees, yeah, tell me about it.
When possible, use USPS because you won't have any duty charges, althought it will take about 2 weeks to get your item.
Nice goodies ya got there. They will complement your new exhaust realy well.
Argh, s***. Can a mod please merge this with my "Ordered FocusSport..." thread in Performance?

Sorry about the thread-crapping guys. :(
is that the focus sport cool flo ? I want goodies jealous lol
Yeah it's the Duratec Cool-Flo CAI.

And here's an absolute shocker - out of the 93 bucks I was nailed for at the door, 1.28 was duty, ZERO for brokerage fees and the rest was GST.

Thanks Canada for charging me sales tax on something that wasn't even bought IN THE f***ING COUNTRY! :angry: :angry:

Definately take that up with FS NOS. When I was getting my mail order tunes they were more than accomidating when I had questions about the mild tune (warning, mild tune is not set up for ethanol and according to Randy, no plans to tune for it in the near future)

Regarding having to drain the tank, even if you drain the sucker, I'd wait two tankfuls of high grade stuff before flashing for that tune. I was paranoid and had been putting in high grade for over a month, (6 tankfuls) before zapping the ECU with the go program :lol:

NefCanuck
Daniel - how did your 2.0L take the 91 without the tune - well? Poorly?

The 91 Octane at Esso has no Ethanol from what I'm told, and if I just switch to Shell for theirs I'm fairly certain it's Ethanol-free - according to a buddy with a 2006 WRX STi. I'll double-check with him before I fill.
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 3 2007, 11:04 AM Wrote:Daniel - how did your 2.0L take the 91 without the tune - well? Poorly?

The 91 Octane at Esso has no Ethanol from what I'm told, and if I just switch to Shell for theirs I'm fairly certain it's Ethanol-free - according to a buddy with a 2006 WRX STi. I'll double-check with him before I fill.
[right][snapback]245634[/snapback][/right]

Zero issues with putting the 91 before the reflash (I did get slightly better mileage even at that point, Shell has "up to" 10% ethanol in the cheap stuff now and boy did the car not like it, gas mileage, pardon the pun "tanked" <_<)

Yeah IIRC any 91 will be ethanol free. I use Shell 91 as it is Ethanol-free and I gotta get those AirMiles y'know :lol: (Almost have enough for a free Nintendo DS)

NefCanuck
Ahh yeah, I tend to use Esso so I double up with Esso points / RBC Rewards points when I use the Visa.

I think I'll try a tankful of Esso 91 to see how it does and then hopefully flash before the BBQ next weekend.

Thanks dude!

Adam
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 3 2007, 11:12 AM Wrote:Ahh yeah, I tend to use Esso so I double up with Esso points / RBC Rewards points when I use the Visa.

I think I'll try a tankful of Esso 91 to see how it does and then hopefully flash before the BBQ next weekend.

Thanks dude!

Adam
[right][snapback]245639[/snapback][/right]

No problem, though if you're just flashing it after a tank or two of 91, no kamakaze rev limiter runs okay? I don't wanna hear that you blew up your engine/tranny by pushing it too soon ;)

See you at the BBQ...

NefCanuck
Actually, I just called FS because it was eating away at me... he said running the car down to the reserve, filling with 91 and then flashing when I got home from the gas station should be fine. :)

Guess who's running his tank down over the next few days? :lol: :lol:
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 3 2007, 11:26 AM Wrote:Actually, I just called FS because it was eating away at me... he said running the car down to the reserve, filling with 91 and then flashing when I got home from the gas station should be fine. :)

Guess who's running his tank down over the next few days? :lol: :lol:
[right][snapback]245643[/snapback][/right]

Ah yes, the "Light O' Doom" will be your companion for a while eh? Dang, first time that chime went off it was the dead of night and I'm booting along, sounded like a Chinese gong and the light came on.... My first thought was "Oh f^$k what'd I break?"

NefCanuck
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 3 2007, 11:12 AM Wrote:Ahh yeah, I tend to use Esso so I double up with Esso points / RBC Rewards points when I use the Visa.

Thanks dude!

Adam
[right][snapback]245639[/snapback][/right]

That and Esso's 91 is the same price as the mid-grade B)

and anything over 25$ gets you bonus points on the Esso extra card :D
Shell V-Power is Ethanol free, get the triple airmiles and its Ferrari Fuel for the road.

Those are some good upgrades NOS.
wow nos looks like a fun littel project for this long weekend.
let me know how the tune works out and the difference it makes did you just choose the options and load that up or you going somewhere for a custom tune.
does focussport charge tax ?
I went with an aggressive tune and most of the popular options for the ATX.

Everything is as they recommended - firmed shifts at WOT, raised shift points, 7200RPM rev limiter, etc etc.

I'll also be using it to fine-tune the speedo (tire size).
why a cai when your goin turbo? Does it work with the kits fs sells?

Your coming along nicely so far on the new ride. B)

Pages: 1 2 3