FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: So Like, Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
DISCLAIMER: I know jack and you-know-what about car audio.

-------------------------

So I got the stock audiophile sub/amp/enclosure.

I have the stock 6 disc MP3 headunit.

I have it all wired up, and I hear everything through the sub now.

Power is all set correctly.. 12v power, grounds, remote wire is properly reduced to a 5 volt signal thanks to a $2 part from Radio Shack.

The input is running from the left rear speaker.

To "get by" I've turned the fade up mostly to the front, and its ok for now, but its annoying.

I've been doing more research, and its just confusing me even more... and it looks like I may need 1) a line out converter, and/or 2) a low-pass filter?

Does that sound right?
I have the same system I like it but it needs more balls. So what are you trying to do to it?
Trying to figure out why its overpowering everything.

From my wholy amateur stance, it seems like:
1) its getting too much input (speaker-level input instead of low-level output), and therefore its amplifying the input. Thats why I'm guessing it needs a LOC.

On the volume dial, if I have the fade in the middle, I can't turn it past the second vertical line or its Just Bad.

2) I hear everything out of the sub, including the highs. So I'm guessing I need a filter to give it only the low frequencies?

I'm going to have one of the guys here at work take a look at it.. he knows this stuff pretty well.
looks like you wired sub to rear speaker that is why you are getting all range of sound..
letting you klnow that speakers are capable of playing 20~20k frequency(audible range)but there is no reason to run mid-high range through sub..
that is why you need to get LOC.

you do need LOC, that is when adding sub to factory unit or to get a most sound out of it, using LOC is better than using the one from headunit(sub out)..
since you are using factory hu, get LOC, t-tap(solder them) to rear speaker wires to LOC and and run RCA from LOC to amp..

low filter is not neccesary..

LOC is all you need
Gotcha thanks!

Time to go hunt down a LOC this week!

Until then, I've unplugged it so nothing explodes.