FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Tps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically Ive had a problem with this car seeming like its miss-firing under high demand.
When going for heavy acceleration the car seems to miss.
No codes thrown.
All normal ignition system repairs are done.
Ford says after testing it several times there is no miss.

I wondered if its possible for the TPS sensor to be failing or miss reading with out throwing a code?
I've had a TPS go, and it goes quick, so your not having a TPS problem. How's youe EGR and DPFE?
oldeguy,Aug 3 2007, 07:35 AM Wrote:I've had a TPS go, and it goes quick, so your not having a TPS problem. How's youe EGR and DPFE?
[right][snapback]245574[/snapback][/right]

Havnt checked them. I expect a sensor code toss for both. Could be the EGR, looks like its in preety bad shape.
How do you check the DPFE?
There is a article on Focushacks about how to bypass the DPFE. If the problem stops after you do the bypass, then it is your DPFE. I had a 96 Buick Regal that would do what your wonderful little Focus sounds like it is doing, it ended up that the EGR system wasn't connected due to an engine fire, before I bought the thing. Man, was I stupid. Still am, sometimes, but that's for another Thread. :lol:
oldeguy,Aug 3 2007, 08:09 AM Wrote:There is a article on Focushacks about how to bypass the DPFE. If the problem stops after you do the bypass, then it is your DPFE. I had a 96 Buick Regal that would do what your wonderful little Focus sounds like it is doing, it ended up that the EGR system wasn't connected due to an engine fire, before I bought the thing. Man, was I stupid. Still am, sometimes, but that's for another Thread. :lol:
[right][snapback]245577[/snapback][/right]
I would expect a Code if the DPFE sensor had failed. Ford assures me it would.
Remember when we discussed RPGs? :lol:
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 3 2007, 01:21 PM Wrote:Remember when we discussed RPGs? :lol:
[right][snapback]245650[/snapback][/right]

?