FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Got The Motor In
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
finally got the new"er" spi dropped in, a bit of a pain but it was alright, i lost 5 pounds in sweat, i had to pick the HOTTEST day of the year of coarse too...

the only problem was boltin the torque converter...ya its standard... :( but its wut the girl wanted..

Wow ... good goin'

I've changed one engine in my life and it was a PITA, never again ... but of course a new lawn mower isn't all that expensive, so chances are I won't have to.

You didn't mention whether or not it's actually running ... and wouldn't a torque converter be with an automatic?

Anyway ... good job.

howie321,Aug 2 2007, 07:43 PM Wrote:finally got the new"er" spi dropped in, a bit of a pain but it was alright, i lost 5 pounds in sweat, i had to pick the HOTTEST day of the year of coarse too...

the only problem was boltin the torque converter...ya its standard...  :( but its wut the girl wanted..
[right][snapback]245534[/snapback][/right]
God, I remember the one time my dad did it years ago. It was an old Bonneville and the huge honking V8.... Even with an engine hoist he borrowed for the job I learned some great swear words :P

NefCanuck
My dad and I swapped out an engine in the old Buick Skylark.

Wow...My dad could swear a sailor to his knees.

The oil pan was fun too. I remember him having a shoebox of left over parts when he was done too! He didn't know where they went!
:lol:
now i know who to call to install my engine in 5 min.

didn't u blew your engine like last week? and today u have another one in?
very quick!
I did one in an older Ferrari with a couple friends and one of there dads...........the only hard part was going to Ferrari every day and ordering a new tool.
Well done! Hopefully you've replaced enough parts to allow you to attend the BBQ next weekend :D :P
Its not hard if you got the right tools...hoist, air tools, etc.

You just gotta make sure you have room and everything is disconnected. I was surprised at how easy it was once you got going. Mind you....its pretty clean under my car, so I dont deal with to much rusted out crap!

The hardest thing for me was getting the fluids to land in the bucket and not on the new floor. :blink: :lol: