FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: My Day At Mbrp
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: th_DSC_0136.jpg]
[Image: th_DSC_0135.jpg]
[Image: th_DSC_0130-1.jpg]
[Image: th_DSC_0120.jpg]
[Image: th_DSC_0113-1.jpg]
[Image: th_DSC_0099.jpg]

So there's 4 Duratec systems now fellas - 2.25" and 2.5" cat-back and 2.25" and 2.5" flex-back.

Now for the Cali goodies! :D :ph34r:

Oh, and guess who's going on the MBRP corporate site for the Focus products? :unsure: :ph34r:
okay... where is the sound clip ???
Hrm, when the MBRP I have dies, I'll get the 2.5" next go around ;)

NefCanuck
So whats the sound like, I would think its deeper?? You like it?! Did you notice any power difference between the 2.25 and the 2.5?
I do notice that it pulls sweetly in second to far beyond the posted limit with ease. It's likely wishful thinking, but it does feel like it has picked up a few more ponies.

The sound... where to begin. It sounds like a Duratec humped a Cayman or Impreza 2.5 and the exhaust is the bastard offspring. When it's warmed-up and moving between 2-5K, that's where it really shines for exhaust note. It's sweet, a neat ripping noise that sounds like an evolution of the old note with the 2.25".

It's definitely louder than the old setup (with good reason) but cruising from 90-130+ you really can't hear much more inside the car with the windows up. With the windows down all you do is grin :D

I baked all the way home cause the windows were down and the A/C was off and I couldn't have cared less. Such a stupid happy grin for 120+KMs, all the way home. :D

I'll try to do some video tomorrow... I had the Nikon with me today, but nothing that could take video.
Car looks great man..., I wonder if mbrp will make me an appointment :} Where do i sign?
Hey you might want to wash it again!!

second last pic some dude is humping ur car! :o

Lookin good other wise bro!!
Aha, I left that to see if someone would notice!

That's Dave, the head installer at MBRP. He's a great guy and he's damn good at installs! Once again, Dave did a perfect install on the car.

:D

Just as a personal aside, Darren and Dave SLAVED over the car when they put the new windshield banner and rear decal on, wiping pretty much the entire car down AGAIN before the photo shoot - the glass, everything. It was way more attention than I felt it deserved. I know I thanked them personally yesterday, but thanks guys! :D

I also got to meet Martin yesterday - the owner of MBRP. He's a really cool and approachable guy, and he really is behind this "relaunch" of the Focus exhaust. Of course, special credit goes to Lorraine Morin for having my back and getting this onto Martin's desk!

Scotia - MBRP will take reservations directly over their toll-free line - 1-888-636-7223. Ask for Lorraine or Byron. I take it you're coming to Ontario for a bit?
http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b322/log...0August%202007/

Took some non car-related pics yesterday, too. I then went out and bought some new filters for the D50's lenses.

Now I just gotta figure out the correct use of each. I had a nice detailed breakdown at the photo shop in Huntsville yesterday by a very nice person... I just hope I remember it all!
Adam, very nice...i like the way you're preparing for F/I......goal is the main thing!

so whats next? i think u were saying turbo is going on in spring? but im sure you're gonna buy something else before that :)

laterz
My new FocusSport CAI and SCT XCal2 are in transit right now from California.

I'll play with those until next spring, when I decide to either go F/I or build up a 2.3L N.A. motor. It's something that came to me recently and I have to say it sounds intriguing.
Looks great Adam ... I know how pleased I am with the sound of my 2.25, I'm really interested to hear the difference.

But help me out here (a senior's moment, I think) ... did you get the cat back, and if so, does it retain both cats or did you dump the second one.

BTW - wait 'till you get the XCal2 - you'll split your cheeks you'll be grinning so hard.

The Mustang boys at Dunnville couldn't believe that a 2.0 Focus wagon could actually beat them around the track - but I did - (including an '07 Shelby GT500 - okay he was driving it like it's worth $70k) and it was unbelievable how valuable the extra 400 RPMs were in terms of both fun and pace. Zero fade brakes came in handy too.

Cheers.

NOS2Go4Me,Aug 2 2007, 09:00 AM Wrote:My new FocusSport CAI and SCT XCal2 are in transit right now from California.

I'll play with those until next spring, when I decide to either go F/I or build up a 2.3L N.A. motor. It's something that came to me recently and I have to say it sounds intriguing.
[right][snapback]245455[/snapback][/right]
my flex back fel loff lol dont trust clamps got to get it welded on .
so you're the guy who was getting his 07 focus done lol, i was on the phone with lorraine setting up an appointment. looks like im getting a 2.5'' system on august the 20th!!! :lol:
hmmm, I did not get an email from Lorraine yet...
Looking at your rear pics, I think it might not fit a Focus with SAP rear bumper like on my '07 ST.

Congrats on your new addition BTW :headbang:
ZTWsquared,Aug 2 2007, 08:49 AM Wrote:The Mustang boys at Dunnville couldn't believe that a 2.0 Focus wagon could actually beat them around the track - but I did - (including an '07 Shelby GT500 - okay he was driving it like it's worth $70k) and it was unbelievable how valuable the extra 400 RPMs were in terms of both fun and pace. Zero fade brakes came in handy too.

Cheers.
[right][snapback]245461[/snapback][/right]

Man, you have to tell me how that was... I'm practically drooling at the thought of being able to hang with 'Stangs on a track :lol:

NefCanuck
NOS: yup if they didnt have a system (flex back id want i guess, whatever the fullest system is) id drive up there and let them fit it. I need a day or 2 from the office anyway :]
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 2 2007, 08:12 AM Wrote:.... Dave did a perfect install on the car.

[Image: DSC_0120.jpg]

For me a perfect install will include the exhaust tip ligned up in the bumper cutout.. :P
The car is looking good NOS, except for that stealership decal on the back. Peel that off and maybe remove teh SES badge and it would be even nicer.
SVT ZX3,Aug 2 2007, 02:49 PM Wrote:The car is looking good NOS, except for that stealership decal on the back. Peel that off and maybe remove teh SES badge and it would be even nicer.
[right][snapback]245497[/snapback][/right]

I took mine off in the parking lot after i signed... the gave me a couple looks lol... was great.
Pages: 1 2