FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Got A New Motor!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
got a new motor, not a zetech but its alright not lookin for much power though, 57,000 km thats pretty low from a 2002 focus, if a valve seat goes in this one anytime soon, ill be sayin bye bye!

upgraded springs wont help will they???
was your old engine a zetec?
Nah he had a SPI.

Good stuff! I had 104,000 on my old motor without any motor-related grief at all. Of course, you'd expect it to last well beyond 200,000 without much more than gaskets, but still...
NOS2Go4Me,Jul 30 2007, 09:57 PM Wrote:Nah he had a SPI.

Good stuff! I had 104,000 on my old motor without any motor-related grief at all. Of course, you'd expect it to last well beyond 200,000 without much more than gaskets, but still...
[right][snapback]245208[/snapback][/right]
Don't you have any performance parts for an SPI to offer up for sale to our new member?
I actually have the hand-made brackets to bolt up a rear anti-sway without changing the rear subframe connector... but those are on hold for Oscar until he either buys them or decides differently.

Otherwise, nope. I sold the car "as-is" to the dealer. I wanted to start fresh without using common parts between the cars (wheels, etc). I figured removing the temptation completely was the easiest way to do it.
nah i had an spi, it had 147 on it when i bought it, which was on thursday haha, some luck im having, truck broke down in scarborough, i live in peterborough, that was a nice pricy tow, scraped up what money i had to buy a car ( truck wasnt worth fixing a rear main seal) i had the car for one day, the motor shot. good thing i didnt take it into a shop id be one broke boy....

dont have the motor yet, gettin it today MAYBE tomorrow but i hope not.

but ya, i wouldnt mind findin some mods for it soon, gota save up for another truck, the gf gets the focus.....
howie321,Jul 31 2007, 10:46 AM Wrote:nah i had an spi, it had 147 on it when i bought it, which was on thursday haha, some luck im having, truck broke down in scarborough, i live in peterborough, that was a nice pricy tow, scraped up what money i had to buy a car ( truck wasnt worth fixing a rear main seal) i had the car for one day, the motor shot. good thing i didnt take it into a shop id be one broke boy....

dont have the motor yet, gettin it today MAYBE tomorrow but i hope not.

but ya, i wouldnt mind findin some mods for it soon, gota save up for another truck, the gf gets the focus.....
[right][snapback]245253[/snapback][/right]
Only give her the Focus if she really needs it, because you'll not want to give it up
ya...true....i like it already, and for a small 4-door car, it handles very well
howie321,Jul 31 2007, 02:25 PM Wrote:ya...true....i like it already, and for a small 4-door car, it handles very well
[right][snapback]245266[/snapback][/right]

They really are one of the best0-handling sport compacts on the market right now.

Some basic suspension upgrades and a good set of tires will make it almost scary for what it can do! :ph34r:
how much roughly is the eibach kits? 200? 300?
Check http://www.focussport.com for a whack of suspension options. A separate and viable option is the SVT Focus upgrade kit (entire suspension) from the Ford Racing Performance Parts catalogue.

Again, as noted, you'll likely need a set of clamps (custom-made) to bolt a rear anti-sway bar on to the car; alternatively you'll need a new rear subframe connector that costs something like 400-500 bucks if memory serves.

The guy's name on FocalJet.com is BiscuitNinja. I've dealt with him personally and he's a great guy. I paid him via PayPal for the clamps and others swear by them. The reason I didn't install mine is because I sold the SPI before I had a chance to install them.
where did u buy the motor from and how uch did that run ya?
I bought it here in peterborough, Kings auto wreckers, they had to get it dropped off from another yard...have no idea where?! it STILL isnt here yet, they said today LATESET i got it for 700$ which is ok i guess, esspecially with only 57,000 from an 02, u guys seem to know ur stuff about these fords, the 2002s WILL fit a 2000 correct? so the guy says ? if not ill be pissed. but from wut ive learned the 2000s to 2004 is all the same for the spi's right?? (engine wise)
It should fit, Im not sure with the SPI, but the Crank shaft position sensor on the Automatic engine is smaller than the one forma manual engine, so make sure that sensor will work with whatever your doing...

I blew up my zetec motor and bought a new one from an automatic doner. Installed it, went to start the car and it wouldnt start. The culprit was the sensor not touching the flywheel inside the tranny and I had to take out the tranny for the second time, and install the sensor from my blown engine. PITA, so dont make the same mistake!!
alright thanks. i know the crank sensor on the spi is on the crank sprocket, but the position sensor is in the tranny?
howie321,Aug 1 2007, 10:19 AM Wrote:alright thanks. i know the crank sensor on the spi is on the crank sprocket, but the position sensor is in the tranny?
[right][snapback]245316[/snapback][/right]

Like I said, dont know much about the SPI, maybe somebody else can chime in, but yes, to replace that sensor ona zetec, there is one screw outside of the engine, and another inside where you must remove the tranny to undo it.

I was not happy when I found this out. So much work for one fawkin screw!!!! :ph34r:
$700? sounds a bit steap
NikiterZTS,Aug 1 2007, 10:35 AM Wrote:$700?  sounds a bit steap
[right][snapback]245320[/snapback][/right]

Yes it does, but it still isnt that bad.
ya, im sure if i shopped around for a day i could have got one cheaper, but its my primary car right now, and i needed one right away, its "reasonable" i didnt get completely ripped or anything. well see wut mods i need to make if it ever gets here.... :angry:
howie321,Aug 1 2007, 10:49 AM Wrote:ya, im sure if i shopped around for a day i could have got one cheaper, but its my primary car right now, and i needed one right away, its  "reasonable" i didnt get completely ripped or anything. well see wut mods i need to make if it ever gets here....  :angry:
[right][snapback]245323[/snapback][/right]

Next time, get a hold of me if you dont mind picking up the engine...

I picked my zetec last year with under 20 000km's on it + warranty for under $400. ;)

EDIT: hopefully for you, there is no 'next time'. :lol:
Pages: 1 2