FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rogers Does It Again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I come back from vacation, and my Rogers digital cable and home phone have been disconnected.

Apparently someone said they were moving in to my appartment, and nobody at Rogers saw it necessary to call the existing guy and let him know...

I hope she's hot

I hope the new person moving in is a 'she'
"a she, and a nymphomaniac"... would be better!
We're pulling for ya!

Maybe she has a nympho sister too. ;)
Way to go Dependable IT / Can Cable Systems.
I heard rogers will be dumping these contractors real soon.
they account for over 90% of installation and appointment mistakes
maybe a twin sister
Maybe she'll pay the rent too, and own a Shelby 500 GT, or a Focus SVT
paolo,Jul 30 2007, 11:21 PM Wrote:Way to go Dependable IT / Can Cable Systems.
I heard rogers will be dumping these contractors real soon.
they account for over 90% of installation and appointment mistakes
[right][snapback]245220[/snapback][/right]

Someone had to tell them to do it. Rogers sucks plain and simple.
I came back this week-end to find my cable cut AGAIN.

This is the 4th time a contractor for the builder has cut my cable and I've only been here a year. Thank god there getting really close to finishing everything.
Get a dish.

And a girlfriend
update...

we're now approaching the weekend, and I still have no home phone.

funny thing is, even with all the immediate 'goodwill' discounts they gave me, I still have to pay through the nose this month on my bill because all of the contract cancellation fees and unreturned equipment fees.

Since that stuff is all in the queue, they can't remove the charges until next month... what a friggin' joke.

Anyways, they say I should have my phone back tomorrow... their IT support is 'reconfiguring my dialtone' and whatnot. Is reconfiguring the dialtone akin to topping up my blinker fluid? God only knows, but they have till 3pm tomorrow and then I tell them to not bother until monday.. and complain some more...
Time to call Bell. :lol:

I'm going through something similar trying to get my employee discount added to my bill. Apparantly I changed plans back in April that stopped the discount....that was news to me. :rolleyes:

so 5 months later....still no employee discount. they told me it should appear on my september bill. They told me in april my discount would appear on my June bill.

it didnt.
My Cogeco VoIP crapped out on a Friday. I gave up playing with the modem and went to bed. Called them Saturday on the cell and later that day it was back up and running. 2 days later they came to the house for a site visit to determine the real problem. It was the gear on the utility pole across the street that was half-fried and causing drops and connect errors.

2 days, problem solved.

Switch to Cogeco? :ph34r:
Cogeco sucks worst then Rogers.
Frost__2001,Aug 2 2007, 06:52 AM Wrote:Cogeco sucks worst then Rogers.
[right][snapback]245436[/snapback][/right]

And your justification for that response would be...?
bluetoy,Jul 31 2007, 08:41 AM Wrote:Someone had to tell them to do it. Rogers sucks plain and simple.
[right][snapback]245232[/snapback][/right]

That would make it the girls fault too, not just Dependable IT / Can Cable Contractors
paolo,Aug 2 2007, 08:40 AM Wrote:
bluetoy,Jul 31 2007, 08:41 AM Wrote:Someone had to tell them to do it. Rogers sucks plain and simple.
[right][snapback]245232[/snapback][/right]

That would make it the girls fault too, not just Dependable IT / Can Cable Contractors
[right][snapback]245452[/snapback][/right]

I would say it's entirely the fault of the CSR... they should never have put in a disconnect order on an existing tennant just because someone said they were moving in.

Sure, it probably seemed like a good idea at the time -- you know, help the new customer out with the least amount of hassle, but I guess the standard procedures are there for a reason... If they just tried contacting me first, this wouldn't have happened, but they didn't (as my answering machine would indicate), so here I am.

Going on Day 11 or 12 with no home phone (and it still wasn't working when I left home this morning).

I'll try calling my line again at 3pm, and call Rogers if it's still down... and make a point of how terrible an inconvenience this is....
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 2 2007, 08:28 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]245449[/snapback][/right]

If you lived in Halton region in Georgetown, or Acton any time there is a large thundar storm your cable service will go out 50% of the time, plus they take forever to repair it, not to mention most of the cable boxes they used to use would die for no reason, or block out channels on you.
still no homephone.

called in.. talked to some supervisor - wesley, who seems to think that it's ok to delay the correction of their error.. tho he did escalate the ticket that was already escalated.

I thought supervisors were supposed to help people out, but nooooooo.. the guy was a dink.

anyways, I sent some e-mails to them.. see what happens.

I've spoken to a couple of nice folks there, but it's not making up for the utter lack of resolution.
Frost__2001,Aug 2 2007, 03:24 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Aug 2 2007, 08:28 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]245449[/snapback][/right]

If you lived in Halton region in Georgetown, or Acton any time there is a large thundar storm your cable service will go out 50% of the time, plus they take forever to repair it, not to mention most of the cable boxes they used to use would die for no reason, or block out channels on you.
[right][snapback]245508[/snapback][/right]

I guess it's up to the people there to get on them to fix things or cancel their accounts then?

I've had Cogeco for over 4 years and only had like 3 downtimes that were unwarranted in my books - this last phone escapade being one of them.
Your lucky you have a cell phone to call them up from. Imagine you were just a regular customer with no cell??.....it would be such an inconvenience.

In 15 years I lived at home our land line (through bell) has never had downtime.
Pages: 1 2